The Wedding Thread

I know there are already a couple threads from wedding photographers here who have recently made the switch to Fuji X for their work. I figured we could just consolidate and share our work with each other here instead of making new threads every time. Sorry if this is a terrible idea.

I only shoot weddings for a selects few weeks in the Spring and Fall and for select clients, as it's something I fall easily out of "love" with... especially as even those weekends tend to be double or triple booked. Still, it's something I do enjoy, and I like having a "real world" and much more meaningful and far less temporal work outlet instead of my fashion/editorial bookings. While I haven't gotten rid of my Nikon gear completely (great flash, and 3d tracking autofocus across the frame are conveniences I've been spoiled by), I have definitely full integrated my Fuji gear into my wedding workflow. During the ceremony as well as portraits, I'll have a gripped D800 + 50mm in one hand, gripped X-T1 + 56mm in the other, and X100S on a strap on my shoulder. This lets me shoot with a 35mm, 50mm, 85mm primes perspective at all times with a VERY respectable image quality to weight ratio and the inherent strengths all three platforms provide. The reception is still the D3 or D800's territory, again because of flash and 3d autofocus, though I did use my X-T1 + 35mm for some ambient light work as well.

Here are some images taken with the X-T1 + 35mm & 56mm and X100S (And even a couple with the Fuji Mini 90 Neo Classic!). I'd show my D800 + 35mm, 50mm and 135mm F2 images here, but probably the wrong forum haha.

7TJHHFcl.jpg

BMqcZyUl.jpg

EfHt8AZl.jpg

HGHxonEl.jpg

TeXfPznl.jpg

nzSubTIl.jpg

zQVkwq9l.jpg

db6QwAGl.jpg

lgRmri5l.jpg

tHNV6dgl.jpg

SK3vvNcl.jpg

MbjUBGGl.jpg

XTI3SpAl.jpg

7M5jRNzl.jpg

ZEzLLdLl.jpg

QddIuiLl.jpg

VPShm6pl.jpg

nZLiwaol.jpg

rKsBLUHl.jpg

A7p6q5kl.jpg

I think your idea of a consolidate thread for everyone's wedding photos is an excellent one, Sardonic. And I must say your series is a fantastic start to this thread - your sampling shows off your abilities as a photographer really nicely as well as shows us a beautiful sampling of this couple's big day! Really nice work!

Candid I shot from a wedding a few weekends ago. Still need to finish editing these. >.<

From the camera to my phone to IG. Better quality one to come later.

926449_241817709358423_1587436371_n.jpg

Back