The Weekly Challenge 14-19 October.

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
shinglj, there's no harm in trying is there? :wink: and either way, it's more about the fun and seeing each other's photos than the win

Reactions: pdh

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
quite right.
there's never an "ultimate" photograph, and no-one should stop contributing their different visions

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
My guess is that shinglj's comment was really meant as a compliment more than a vote for everyone to throw in the towel.:wink: I, too, agree that the real thrust of The Weekly Challenge is to encourage us all to participate, to think differently, to take and make pictures, to join in and share our work... Seeing how we each interpret the week's theme in such different ways is one of the highlights for me. The more entries the better!

AzPete

Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
My guess is that shinglj's comment was really meant as a compliment more than a vote for everyone to throw in the towel.:wink: I, too, agree that the real thrust of The Weekly Challenge is to encourage us all to participate, to think differently, to take and make pictures, to join in and share our work... Seeing how we each interpret the week's theme in such different ways is one of the highlights for me. The more entries the better!
I agree, it was a sort of compliment....but wait I got ragged on for my comment last contest. Where is the rules committee when you need them. :)

Reactions: BBW

bilzmale

Super Moderator Emeritus
Jul 17, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Bill Shinnick
I agree, it was a sort of compliment....but wait I got ragged on for my comment last contest. Where is the rules committee when you need them. :)
Pete I'm sorry if you felt chastened by my reply to your question last week. It was not intended.
Comments should be kept to a minimum I think and be relevant. Off-topic postings would not be appropriate. That said I've not seen any really inappropriate comments but we don't want them to take over the Challenge thread.

You can also use the Thanks button in the lower left corner as an unobtrusive way of showing appreciation for a particular image (or a comment for that matter). Mods and Admin will often comment about time remaining or just to 'bump' the thread.

I repeat that I have not seen irrelevant postings. I know Pete you also use the Thanks button very effectively.

If a member is moved to comment by a particular image - go ahead and comment. However we don't want lengthy discussions developing that sidetrack the challenge.

Latest threads

Top Bottom