The Weekly Challenge 22-27 July.

Taken with X100

DSCF0845-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gloucester Fishermen's Wives Memorial

This bronze statue is a woman standing on a rock, holding her young daughter in her arms and the hand of her son who stands beside her, as she looks out to sea on the Gloucester, Massachusetts shoreline.

The statue captures the all too familiar pose of waiting-with-strength at home known to wives, mothers, daughters, and sisters of fishermen and mariners whose family members choose to go out to sea.

Gloucester is a well-know fishing port about 30 miles north of Boston and was the home port of the fishermen depicted in the movie The Perfect Storm and even longer ago in the novel Captain Courageous by Rudyard Kipling.

DSCF0019.jpg

Fuji X100

Thanks Sis. I made many photos of Joe that session. It was cool cause he was in a very loose mood.
Some I won't publish cause he asked me not to. I was the only shooter in close, the others from the press Corp were about 200' away.

They say wherever your heart is, that's your home, so I guess this man walking away from me can count as my home.

5639582663_d4f2ee0a68_b.jpg

My husband captured with the Nex 5, as always walking away from me, this time on the causeway at Cramond. A favourite haunt of ours.

This gentleman, whose name I unfortunately can't remember, is a regular at Plaza Palmer in my home town of Caguas, Puerto Rico. This photo, taken last Saturday morning, shows him very much at home, singing and playing to a group of his buddies and other passersby. But, he also seems to be far away, transported by the music he was making.

5967430612_0d88e94bb8_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Regards,

Antonio

Back