The Weekly Challenge 23 - 28 September.

Grand children

Love'em and give back to parents:rolleyes:
shot_1283360838285.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BB, this B & W picture reminds me so much of the film "Stand by Me" with River Phoenix! Do you remember it?
I do and I'm touched that it did, Christina.

I was going to hold off from commenting but I can't. This is turning out to be one of the best challenges yet with so many of members taking part. Don't hold back anyone!

I don't take many Portraits - my son a few years ago with "our" hound

Taken with the following Digital IXUS, which I thought was really "cool"
which I still have - taken in 2002

Bill, when you say hound he looks like my hound. A springer spaniel right? If so, does he flush and fetch birds? BTW, both have interesting poses in that shot! Like what is he doing now with that camera. Not again is he? And the hound is saying, you takin' a picture of me?

BTW, I'm enjoying your nice "big" city of Nice for a couple more hours before heading back to the states.

Bill, when you say hound he looks like my hound. A springer spaniel right? If so, does he flush and fetch birds? BTW, both have interesting poses in that shot! Like what is he doing now with that camera. Not again is he? And the hound is saying, you takin' a picture of me?

BTW, I'm enjoying your nice "big" city of Nice for a couple more hours before heading back to the states.

Hi dorf, thanks for your comments

yes, an English Springer Spaniel, (as opposed to an American Springer - which I think that you have over there) - she was a marvellous dog, no longer with us - she died quiet suddenly at the age of 12 years - she was ill on Friday during the night - I took her to the Vets on saturday - they kept her in for observation and operated on Monday morning - and called me to say that the problem was terminal, (cancer of the intestine), and that I would not have been kind to "bring her round".

As you know Springers can be quite a handful when around any "wildlife" - her favourite occupation was chasing pheasants and the like, often running through "barb wire fences" which resulted in the usual visit to the vets.
She was NOT trained for hunting, (as many Springers in the UK are), so she was always indisciplined when given half the chance
I have many great memories of her and there is not a week that goes by that I do not think of her.

I'd like another, but my wife is against it, now that we are "retired" - she feels that it would restrict our freedom to travel around, (which it would).

Hi dorf, thanks for your comments

yes, an English Springer Spaniel, (as opposed to an American Springer - which I think that you have over there) - she was a marvellous dog, no longer with us - she died quiet suddenly at the age of 12 years - she was ill on Friday during the night - I took her to the Vets on saturday - they kept her in for observation and operated on Monday morning - and called me to say that the problem was terminal, (cancer of the intestine), and that I would not have been kind to "bring her round".

As you know Springers can be quite a handful when around any "wildlife" - her favourite occupation was chasing pheasants and the like, often running through "barb wire fences" which resulted in the usual visit to the vets. She was NOT trained for hunting, (as many Springers in the UK are), so she was always indisciplined when given half the chance
I have many great memories of her and there is not a week that goes by that I do not think of her.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I too will be heart broke when our "Butch" retires. He is an English Springer Spaniel and fully trained from Pine Shadows (Pine Shadows English Springer Spaniels Orvis Endorsed Kennels) And he only know two speeds. Sleep and wide open. Plus he is large for the breed weighing in at 55 lbs. I have hunted with him in South Dakota for pheasants and he's incredible to watch his natural instincts work. And at home he's the consumate family dog. He whines if he can't be in the bed at night with my wife and I.

As for wide open, he's managed to knock my wife over more than once, one time killing her Nikon D40! She was not happy!

So I feel your loss and I will feel the same when that time comes for us. "Just A Dog"

Back