Fuji The X-Pro1, Still Perfectly Valid!

That's what I do, shooting RAW & JPEG, so there is always the RAW file when I mess up to much . . .
I've been experimenting with the shadow and highlight tone curves, so I'm looking forward at your findings.
Regards,
Jos

It's easy, easy like Sunday morning...

So easy writing about a camera that I enjoy as much as the X-Pro1!!

And speaking of Sunday morning, let's have part 12 of my little* missive

The X-Pro1: Understanding the Jpeg Tone Curves

Today we take a look at maximising DR in Jpegs, by using the highlight and shadow settings

Enjoy!

*if you've read the whole thing (...) that's now over 12,000 words

"I've always thought comparisons were useless and ugly. It is a short cut to thinking"
(Jim Morrison 1968)

In Part 14 of my Fuji X-Pro1 story it's time to continue our look at the Fuji X / Leica M comparison (part 2 of 2)

Last time we took a look at the physical differences between rangefinders and mirrorless cameras, but what about the emotive differences? Surely Fujifilm have nothing in the way of brand cachet that Leica have, right?

Wrong!

In fact, whatever Fuji body you shoot, I'm rather hoping this piece makes you hold your head high and go out and make some superb photographers

Fujifilm: Is it a Little Like a…? (Part2)

Picked up an X-Pro 1 for a great price last night and am looking forward to it getting here. It's going to start its life with some adapted lenses (probably a Hex 40) on it but as finances allow I will most likely pick up the 18-55. My recent experience with my Fuji X10 has taught me the value of a good zoom lens.

Picked up an X-Pro 1 for a great price last night and am looking forward to it getting here. It's going to start its life with some adapted lenses (probably a Hex 40) on it but as finances allow I will most likely pick up the 18-55. My recent experience with my Fuji X10 has taught me the value of a good zoom lens.
looking forward to seeing through your eyes with this

Congratulations, I hope you really like it, the 18-55 won't disappoint, but IMO the X-Pro1 loves the original XF35!

It's time for another update to my X-Pro1 Story!

This week I begin the first of 2 parts explaining just exactly what the Q Menu is and how to use it...

I also divulge what I think is a very handy tip....

Check it out!

X-Pro1: The Q Menu

Adam, I've enjoyed reading your series of explorations with the X-Pro1. And I do agree with you that there is something to the X-Pro1's image quality that is exceptional. Hope you don't mind my showing some examples.

San Francisco Bay Bridge from Yerba Buena Island (single frame, no HDR).
Bay-Bridge-3%20copy.jpg

In particular, I find it's black and white conversions to be spectacular.

Bodie State Park, Eastern Sierra, California.
Bodie-House-BW.jpg

Not at all Stephen,

Great pair of images.

And thanks for the positive comments, the whole XP1 part of my website has been quite popular*... It's not viral or anything... but it's had about 50k views when I was expecting about 500 max :)

I'm planning to start reviewing the X-Pro2 next week, starting with a X-Pro1 comparison....

Anyway! Thanks again
Adam

*unlike the rest of it, that's desperately unpopular :D

Back