Fuji The X10 still works!

JJJPhoto

Regular
I'm as excited about the new X100S and X20 as much as most of you here, but I just wanted to remind current X-users that our old cameras still work while we're debating or waiting for new X-cameras.

A few recent snaps from my X10:
DSCF1852A-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF1858-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't forget to spend some time taking photos when we aren't talking about taking photos. :)

I've purchased too many cameras after saying that I WON'T purchase them ... so I'll just say I'm not planning to purchase the X20 or X100S "at the time of this writing."

However, I confess there is a perfectly reasonable probability that I will eventually own one or both of those cameras.

In the meantime, I'll keep shooting with the cameras and lenses I've got.

I started thinking the same thing last night after viewing some of the images in a Flickr X10 group I'm a member of. I've been gassing badly for an X100 to go with my X10 but after seeing some of the fantastic images in the X10 group I'm wondering if it's necessary to add an X100... (my head hurts!)

Well, though I did sell my well-loved X10, I just yesterday got my new (used) X100 with a late serial # for about half what the X100S are selling for. I've no doubt the improvements in that camera are worth the price of admission -- if you have it. And I don't.

It's still likely that I'll want to include a small compact with a zoom in my kit when finances recover again. Then I'd seriously look at an X20, maybe a used one. About 75% of cameras I've owned were bought used.

But, yes, the X10 is still a capable camera. Heck, in order to finance my X100, I sold my E-P2. It was my #1 shooter until the E-M5 came along, and has just not gotten any use since then. The woman who bought it loves it, seemingly as much as I did. Cameras don't stop taking good pictures just because new models incorporate some improvements.

Larry, congrats on getting the X100, I am sure you will enjoy. Funny, I also sold off my E-P2 and Panny 25 to fund my move into the X system. It was one of the best cameras I've owned.

Any thoughts on my buying an X10 vs. waiting for the -20? The biggest advantage it seems is the new OVF display with focus confirmation. Was the lack of info on the X10 ever a problem for you? Thanks.

Ed

The lack of information never bothered me much, and I used the optical VF a lot. It was like shooting an old rangefinder;if you wanted to change settings you had to look somewhere else. As soon as you change an aperture or shutter settings the back lcd comes on and you have all your information there -- or you can leave it on. The hybrid finder is so great, though, that I think when I'm ready to plunge into a compact zoom again I'll head in that direction. I'm thinking that after using the X100 and the X-Pro, you might miss that feature. Some people seem to have focus problems using the X10 viewfinder, and with no parallax correction, when you start getting closer the 5 feet or so, it's probably a good idea to check the LCD.

I'm loving the X100. The E-P2 was my #1 shooter for a long while, but after I got the E-M5, there was no turning back, and it just wasn't being used.

Larry, congrats on getting the X100, I am sure you will enjoy. Funny, I also sold off my E-P2 and Panny 25 to fund my move into the X system. It was one of the best cameras I've owned.

Any thoughts on my buying an X10 vs. waiting for the -20? The biggest advantage it seems is the new OVF display with focus confirmation. Was the lack of info on the X10 ever a problem for you? Thanks.

Ed

Larry,I'm sure your love for the X100 will only grow stronger as you use it more.We both now have the perfect complementary companions in my opinion,E-M-5 and X100!

Thanks, Larry. It is getting very tempting to spring for used X-10s--just saw one for $299----------must convince myself that the additional $300 for the new finder is worth it....or maybe not!

Back