There is more than Golf

pniev

Student for life
I've been offline for a while, partly because of a trip to the Islantilla Golf resort in southern Spain. 30 hours of playing Golf. pfff. Fortunately we had some time for other activities. An impression. All snaps with Fuji x-pro1 and 23mm lens.

OK, one Golf photo:
p682144952-5.jpg

This fellow student fell in love with the youngest addition to the local dog clan:
View attachment 86479

I hope she doesn't blame me for adding another shot of her during the presentation of the "most improved player" award by our Golf teacher Frank:
p892450048-5.jpg

This fisherman seemed to like his job or he was just laughing at me and my camera:
p994834356-5.jpg

This old man was lost in thought while smoking a sigarette. I did not want to take his photo without asking. As soon as I asked, he immediately straightened his back and posed patiently.
p803580631-5.png

Local art:
p1026227200-5.jpg

Time for relaxation:
p867023340-5.jpg

Peter, I had been avoiding this thread because I'm really not a golf person...but here I am and I'm glad I finally took the plunge! I should have realized it was "more than" golf from your title.;)

I'm with Luke - and your friend the winner - I want puppy kisses, too! Am I right that your better half wanted to go on this golf trip? Either way, you came home with some great memories and pictures to remind yourself of the "more than golf". Besides being smitten by the puppy, I really like the fisherman shot and the relaxation picture... Clearly it was worth the trip!

Thanks for your kind words, BB. I have to admit that it was me who proposed to play Golf because it's something we can do together (besides going on vacation). My better half was reluctant initially but likes it now while my interest faded away very quickly. She proposed to book a Golf vacation. ;-) During the trip I was more interested in photography and enjoying nature than in playing Golf. Nevertheless, I've learned that it's something that takes a lot of time and effort to learn. It's also a good exercise to walk 18 holes. We met with very nice people and also with nasty people. E.g. a stressed-out women started to argue with us that we had to move more quickly and that we were not worth spending our time on the Golf course. The funny thing was that she was not really good at it either. And we had a nice discussion topic with the group during dinner. ;-)

Peter, I had been avoiding this thread because I'm really not a golf person...but here I am and I'm glad I finally took the plunge! I should have realized it was "more than" golf from your title.;)

I'm with Luke - and your friend the winner - I want puppy kisses, too! Am I right that your better half wanted to go on this golf trip? Either way, you came home with some great memories and pictures to remind yourself of the "more than golf". Besides being smitten by the puppy, I really like the fisherman shot and the relaxation picture... Clearly it was worth the trip!

Were they UK ex pats?

Visited a top notch Golf Course in Marbella 2 /3 years ago. The ladies were not top notch but the hairdo's were worth more than my car. I was glad to leave.

Back