Pentax Thinking about Pentax

As with many things, I agree with Miguel. I have used the 21mm Pentax Limited lens on six different Pentax digital bodies, beginning with the K-10 in 2007. Still my standard, though I have most all the digital prime focal lengths now. And the Pentax K-70 is what I'd always dreamed of and reach for first now, despite my K-3 and K-1 (and K10. K20, K-5)—they are just honored friends and I cannot part with them !
So it goes…

Rebooting Tim's old thread. I've noticed videos about the Pentax K10D showing up regularly in the YouTube feed on my TV the past week or two. I've not done any searches on Pentax cameras, either on our computers or the TV. It leads me to wonder if there's a sudden surge in interest in the K10D, and if things are trending that way, I imagine used market prices will start climbing. I've had a couple of Pentax DSLRs. If I didn't already have two perfectly functional cameras, I'd consider picking up a K10D and an old Pentax-M K lens.

Rebooting Tim's old thread. I've noticed videos about the Pentax K10D showing up regularly in the YouTube feed on my TV the past week or two. I've not done any searches on Pentax cameras, either on our computers or the TV. It leads me to wonder if there's a sudden surge in interest in the K10D, and if things are trending that way, I imagine used market prices will start climbing. I've had a couple of Pentax DSLRs. If I didn't already have two perfectly functional cameras, I'd consider picking up a K10D and an old Pentax-M K lens.

With its relatively superlative CCD sensor, the K10d has a reputation among Pentaxians for being one of the great older cameras. Plus, though they seem large, they somehow seem to fit surprisingly well in a photographer's hands. (As do many Pentaxes.) Wouldn't be a bad camera to pick up, at all.

With its relatively superlative CCD sensor, the K10d has a reputation among Pentaxians for being one of the great older cameras. Plus, though they seem large, they somehow seem to fit surprisingly well in a photographer's hands. (As do many Pentaxes.) Wouldn't be a bad camera to pick up, at all.
Oddly, I really liked the *ist D but never bonded with the K10D. I did like my K7, however.

Good to see you guys still talking about this. I'm still reading, Sadly almost all of my photography has been from my car drivers seat after a freak health issue. I think I could write a article if not a short book on this skill now. It really hurt not being a part of the SIJ but I am slowly mending and now can walk short distances . Here's to getting back into the swing of things full time. Keep it up guys you are all great.

I've not done any searches on Pentax cameras, either on our computers or the TV. It leads me to wonder if there's a sudden surge in interest in the K10D, and if things are trending that way, I imagine used market prices will start climbing.
Interesting. I know the K-70 is starting to get steam but the supply is short, as always. What about searches on Ricoh? The GR and Pentax bodies are essentially under one company.
Here's to getting back into the swing of things full time. Keep it up guys you are all great.
Get well soon, mate!

Good to see you guys still talking about this. I'm still reading, Sadly almost all of my photography has been from my car drivers seat after a freak health issue. I think I could write a article if not a short book on this skill now. It really hurt not being a part of the SIJ but I am slowly mending and now can walk short distances . Here's to getting back into the swing of things full time. Keep it up guys you are all great.

I hope you are getting through your health issues, Tim - and that the universe will allow you to pick up a camera now and again in the not-too-distant future. Your photos, when they come, will enrich us all.

I hope you are getting through your health issues, Tim - and that the universe will allow you to pick up a camera now and again in the not-too-distant future. Your photos, when they come, will enrich us all.
Thank you Miguel , I am doing a lot better than I was a few months ago. I get in my car every morning and head out to my shooting spots . I have 6 that I stay in my car and shoot from , plus I am walking short distances again so all is not lost.

I still use my older Pentax K50 as it still produces excellent images. Every time I take it out though I wonder if it is going to show signs of the dreaded aperture block. So far, so good. The K70 is a tempting Pentax upgrade but I am kind of leery of it as it too has shown that it can produce the aperture block problem. I understand far fewer K70's develop it but it does happen. I suppose an extended warranty might be on order if I decide to spring for one too. Good luck and enjoy your new camera and lens.

Back