Fuji Third party batteries for the X100

I have two third party backups and they're working fine. The original is 3.6V and 1800mAh - the third party ones are 3.7V and 1050mAh. And they still work fine. They may not get as much life as the original - I haven't really been paying attention. Probably better to get backups that match the spec of the original, but evidently not critical to do so. There are a lot of this model floating around dirt cheap. Buy a dozen!

-Ray

I bought the Maximal Power batteries from Amazon for $10, because I used one in my Oly E-P2, and it lasted longer than the Oly battery. It works great in the X100, although I haven't had the time to compare the two batteries yet. The price, though, is definitely right.

Battery Storage - Inexpensive Solution

Yup, I bought a couple on eBay too and got a trickle charger with a flip out wall plug connector for "free". Both batteries are working fine. Hey, we all know how much the TSA folks hate loose batteries floating around in luggage and carry-on bags. Here's my very affordable solution - "pill pouches". 'Got these at the local Riate Aid, a common drugstore chain up in northern New England. The X100 batteries fit fine. 'Sorry for the iPhone photo quality.
. . . David

Attachments

• X100-Battery-Storage.jpg
    X100-Battery-Storage.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 857
Yup, I bought a couple on eBay too and got a trickle charger with a flip out wall plug connector for "free". Both batteries are working fine. Hey, we all know how much the TSA folks hate loose batteries floating around in luggage and carry-on bags. Here's my very affordable solution - "pill pouches". 'Got these at the local Riate Aid, a common drugstore chain up in northern New England. The X100 batteries fit fine. 'Sorry for the iPhone photo quality.
. . . David

Which vendor did you buy the batteries and the wall charger from? Thanks!

I have had 2 different Maximal power batteries. I charged properly and one didn't. Not sure what the difference was. If you can get it from somewhere that will give you a guarantee, I'd say for for it. If not, maybe save up for an OEM version. If you plan on keeping the camera a long time, it may be worth the extra dough to get one you know you can trust.

I have had 2 different Maximal power batteries. I charged properly and one didn't. Not sure what the difference was. If you can get it from somewhere that will give you a guarantee, I'd say for for it. If not, maybe save up for an OEM version. If you plan on keeping the camera a long time, it may be worth the extra dough to get one you know you can trust.

Thanks Luke for the info, this seller is giving me 24months warranty! I guess i can try them! And about the OEM yes it makes sense but here in NZ the OEM goes for 90-100 bucks vs 11 for third party, the difference is way to outstanding. Will try to order some from the states when i get back

If you didn't know, the Ricoh GXR and the X100 (and I presume the X100s) all share the same batteries and chargers. Given how deeply discounted the GXR is in anticipation of it being discontinued, the cheapest way to get backups for the Fuji might just be to buy a couple of close-out GXR bodies and just harvest the batteries. This is a joke, but only barely. For a blissful few months last year, the X100 and GXR-28 were my two primary cameras - I tended to carry them both much of the time in a very very small bag with about 5 extra batteries. It was wonderful having two cameras that used the same batteries - just get home from shooting and plop the used ones into the two chargers I had going, never having to think about what went where. Same thing for a couple of months back in 2010 when I had an EPL1 and an EP2, but I hated the EPL1, so that didn't last. Oh well, probably never again.

-Ray

Thanks for that tip Ray, didnt know that fuji shared the same model of batteries as Ricoh! Thats great to know.

Also Panther thanks for that, amd i need to buy some after my trip as the package wont make it before i leave on the 7th. And if i pay overnight shipping the battery turns to be way too expensive.

Back