This could make Life Interesting

I'd like to see the technology implemented as a mandatory feature in modern smartphones :p

Seriously, here in Vienna, the selfie crowd drives me crazy - they're everywhere, whacking you with their stupid sticks if you're not careful - because they sure as hell aren't. They should be prevented from doing this by any means, and since sense and reason obviously won't do it, technology must help out.

Furthermore, I witness loads of really bad, mindless photography: device held at arm's length (why?), wide angle used at twenty paces distance to subject; human (so, probably main?) subject somewhere in the middle of the frame (hardly visible, certainly not recognisable), some random landmark in the background, made insignificant and arbitrary by frivolous framing; then stupid pose no. 1, stupid pose no. 2, stupid pose no. 3, et cetera at nauseam, finally release by excitedly tapping the screen, ruining any remains of framing, and of course, using a loud SLR shutter sound that's so very fitting for a purely electronic shutter. Result: meaningless image no. 10^23 clugging up the interwebs. Giggle/shriek, repeat.

I really wish the only camera they had access to would force them to stop and *think*.

M.

Back