Fuji This is like an alcoholic looking for another whisky review podcast, but...

MitchGtz

Regular
When will we get to hear another Serious Compacts Podcast?

Yes, I have gadget acquisition problems, Yes when I found out that I would get my B&H ordered x100s and Ray posted that the X20 was in stock- I almost ordered one just to say I have a new camera.

But there has been some serious cameras released since your last podcast, I'd like to hear the crews take on the X-e1, X100s, X20 and Panasonic GH3. (as well as a few lenses for each system).

Yeah, its only going to encourage the addiction, but last I checked your had links to B&H and Amazon from this site, which should give you plenty of reasons to send me off the fiscal cliff.

Cheers,
Mitch

I keep wanting to get back to the podcast. It's a lot of fun to do! I'm hoping April will open up some time to get back to it...

Amin, you are a great moderator and keep the flow going well, but if you do another one, it might be fun to solicit questions from all the different fora.......to involve all the different groups and tie everything together.

I better go buy some new cameras and lenses so that I can talk about them! After all, I need to stay informed.

I don't think I even know anyone with a Gh3.

Armando, if you could also pick up the new Leica M, I think it'll come in very handy for the podcast ;).

Armando, if you buy a Lecia M, you gotta also get an X100s because, as we've all come to know by now, Fuji IS the new Lecia! And you'd better plunk down for an RX1 while you're at it because while Sony is no danger of becoming Leica (here's to solid corporate underpinnings!), the RX1 is the current Leica killer amongst he fixed lens crowd. Its so confusing with all of these various companies either becoming Leica or killing Leica - I can't keep it straight.

-Ray

Ray, who was the woman that used to be on the podcasts with you? Is she still around?

That was Terri. You know I have't seen any posts from her in quite a while, on any of Amin's sites or on DPR. I don't hang out at all in the m43 forum on DPR anymore, which is where I used to run into her, but I spend a bit of time in the Fuji and Sony forums and I think she had some Fuji gear, but I haven't seen her there either. I know she was pretty busy with work for a while. Maybe still? Maybe just lost interest? I hope she's well...

-Ray

I think there should be a way to get all if Amin's forums to feed together. I have all the categories covered. I'm just a little more excited about Fuji lately. (Not that it impended the purchase of a 100-300 Lumix lens today).

Speaking of multi platforms, is there a decent strategy for using a single flash system (I have Canon Flashes) and as much as I like my Lumix, Fuji, Sony and Olympus systems, I'm not interested in buying flashes for each. Perhaps that newer less expensive pocket wizard device?

She's posting less, it seems, but I saw her posting on GetDPI very recently. Was just yesterday or today. Username Terry

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Back