Fuji This is like an alcoholic looking for another whisky review podcast, but...

Armando, don't you already have a Leica M9? Or is my brain truly fried?

Si. I have to squint hard when focusing now! Old age ...

Thank you! See, I can always count on BB :friends:

For those who don't know, Armanius is a lawyer. Which means if he charged for his time when we do the podcasts, it would cost me about a week of MD wages per podcast episode :p.

BUT, I'm a poor lawyer. You'd be surprised at how low my rates are. The camera funds have dried up ever since I got hitched. It was easier to plunk down hard earned cash when I wasn't married. I grew a conscience now. Or I married one at least!

Oh you guys are just killing it! Someone adopt me now.

Can I get a tax break?

So my "little grey cells" are still firing... If only squinting worked for me!

Hmm, as for tax breaks... I'm not sure Herbert is old enough for you to get a tax break. You have heard about the new "Adopt a Senior Citizen" bill haven't you?:tongue_old:

You didn't grow a conscience...but rather your lovely soulmate has helped you prioritize.:biggrin_old:

When will we get to hear another Serious Compacts Podcast?

Yes, I have gadget acquisition problems, Yes when I found out that I would get my B&H ordered x100s and Ray posted that the X20 was in stock- I almost ordered one just to say I have a new camera.

But there has been some serious cameras released since your last podcast, I'd like to hear the crews take on the X-e1, X100s, X20 and Panasonic GH3. (as well as a few lenses for each system).

Yeah, its only going to encourage the addiction, but last I checked your had links to B&H and Amazon from this site, which should give you plenty of reasons to send me off the fiscal cliff.

Cheers,
Mitch

The solution is clear - more SC podcasts but about people and photographs, not cameras. There are lots of people across the SC family of sites whose work I have enjoyed over the years I've been here, but I know almost nothing about them. So my suggestion would be, forget about the hardware. Instead, do some podcasts where you (Amin) interview members about their photographic history and life. Also, lets look at some pictures. Set up a forum subsection for the podcasts where the interviewee can post five or six favourite shots and talk about them on the show. Keep it to 45 minutes max. Someone else (I volunteer BBW) could interview Amin.

Just a thought.

I feel all the current photo podcasts talk about is photography. They shy away from equipment.
The SC Podcast has some serious geekery that the others lack.

I feel all the current photo podcasts talk about is photography. They shy away from equipment.
The SC Podcast has some serious geekery that the others lack.

I guess I've missed these. IF you have any suggestions for podcasts that discuss photography I'd love to hear them. I found a few in the past but they were all a bit dreary (or too self-indulgent.) The only one I currently listen to is Martin Bailey's podcast precisely because it is about photography.

I guess I've missed these. IF you have any suggestions for podcasts that discuss photography I'd love to hear them. I found a few in the past but they were all a bit dreary (or too self-indulgent.) The only one I currently listen to is Martin Bailey's podcast precisely because it is about photography.

Paul Giguere - Thoughts on Photography

Ibarionex Perello - The Candid Frame

Brooks Jensen - LensWork

I'd love to interview more members on our podcast, but I love the unabashed gear geekery too and think we do that pretty darn well. Hopefully we can do both whenthe podcast starts up again!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Paul Giguere - Thoughts on Photography

Ibarionex Perello - The Candid Frame

Brooks Jensen - LensWork

I'd love to interview more members on our podcast, but I love the unabashed gear geekery too and think we do that pretty darn well. Hopefully we can do both whenthe podcast starts up again!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the suggestions. LensWork is new to me and certainly looks interesting. I find TCF and TWiP hit and miss. I used to listen to Paul's podcast but I believe he stopped doing them.

Back