Fuji This is why I wouldn't ever get the GFXr

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
I know some people may see the thread title and think that I found an article knocking on the GFXr. But this is quite the contrary. The GFXr looks to be a phenomenal camera. And in fact, this article is not specifically about the GFXr. But there are a lot of photos in the article taken with the GFXr. Accompanied by photos taken with a x100f.

The thing with this article. Is that these are the types of photos I tend to take. Mainly candids of people. If the author had not specified which shots were taken with which camera. Nor had he left the exif data. I would not be able to tell which photos were taken with which camera. Which tells me I have the camera I need for what and how I shoot. GFXr lust is 100% a massive case of g.a.s. which my wallet would rather not cure.

When the floor dust settles

The GFX50R is massive, full stop ;) Well, I probably shouldn't say this (because I'm shooting a "massive" camera right now during SiO), but I can't imagine using this thing for candid work at all, let alone travel with it. That said, yes, it's an intriguing concept, and the price is great. Still, if push comes to shove, I'd probably settle for a Hasselblad X1D instead - prices have come down nicely on that one, and the 4116 set pretty much *is* a street setup. Will I buy one of those? No. There just isn't a use case in my enthusiast workflow for such a camera. Boy, am I grateful ...

M.

Back