This mornings Market_Gironde_France

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
C & C appreciated

market.jpg

market_2.jpg

Naughty, but I couldn't resist the shot .. needs a good meal!!

market_4.jpg

and a yes/no/it's terrible

market_3.jpg

and he insisted I took his photo

market_5.jpg

The first is fab. Bill. There are some elements of the third I like also, but it makes me a little sad.

Luke - I started with the first then just added - it's a rural town - lots of characters about - on market morning some seem to start drinking a 9am ....... coffee and cognac is a popular tipple .... just for the "ordinary" folk

The world is the world - and if I were cynical I would question if it is getting any better .......... in many ways it just seems to be going the (wrong) way

#1 was the only one that appealed to me - for current reasons, (in France and also the rest of the western world) ........ I immediately saw his warmth and asked if I could take his photo

Last edited:
The first one is definitely a prize winner, but I like a number of them. The lack of sharpness in the fourth one works for me -- in part because the the sad sack in the photo seems like he might be a little vague in his perceptions. I feel like I know the guy making the peace sign. Isn't he a younger version of the owner of The Blue Parrot in the movie Casablanca?

Thanks for the set.

The first one is definitely a prize winner, but I like a number of them. The lack of sharpness in the fourth one works for me -- in part because the the sad sack in the photo seems like he might be a little vague in his perceptions. I feel like I know the guy making the peace sign. Isn't he a younger version of the owner of The Blue Parrot in the movie Casablanca?

Thanks for the set.

Thanks Lawrence

Casablanca - Do you mean Peter Lorre

and a yes/no/it's terrible - I was quite fond of this image - but obviously not the guy

Thanks Lawrence

Casablanca - Do you mean Peter Lorre

and a yes/no/it's terrible - I was quite fond of this image - but obviously not the guy
Sidney Greenstreet as Ferrari (and honestly, I had to Google search it). He was pretty wonderful in the Maltese Falcon too, as was Lorre, who had skin crawlingly creepy down to a fine art. Did you every see Lorre in M? I think it's really a stage performance that seems overwrought in close-up film shots, but it's still wonderful.

Makes me think I should watch an old movie tonight.

Back