Fuji Thoughts on the X30? (crossposted from Fujixspot)

Did you consider Canon G5X? EVF, articulated screen, 1" sensor, small as X30?
I played with one the other day in camera shop and if I had the money with me I would have taken it home.
Haven't looked at that one. I'm not a brand fanboy, but I want to stick with Fuji, as I like their JPEG rendering. Plus, I'm not a fan of fully articulated screens at all, but thanks for the links.

TT

Although I do like what the X30 offers, it is not - in my eyes - a $500 or even $400 camera, yet used prices seem to be running at least that much, at least on Amazon. Since I had a $500 credit on my account, I decided to throw in a bit more and get a used X-T1 in very good shape with a money back guarantee. To be honest, I'm still somewhat hung up on the sensor size. The X-T1 is going to be my prime camera, especially since I have a couple of nice Konica primes and an x-mount adapter on hand. The X100 will be my semi-wide camera, or for those times I want to carry light. I know there are trade-offs, but I have spent a lot of time over the past week reading up on Fuji cameras. I wrestled mightily with size/weight/reach/utility/features, but in the end, the scales tipped to the X-T1. I could still see myself some time down the road getting a used X30 as a secondary camera if the price ever drops significantly.

I'm still going to carry the X30 on my weekend hike, enjoy it, and return it Monday. Thanks everyone for your input.

TT

As I shared on Fujixspot, I found a silver X30 for only $275, and grabbed it. I also sold the X100, as it is superfluous with the X-T1 in my bag. The X100 is a good camera still, and I got enough out of it to consider it was a cheap rental for the 5 weeks that I had it. The X-T1/X30 combo will let me carry the simplest possible gear with excellent flexibility and IQ. I'm at the point now where the gear I carry and have on my camera shelves is almost at a minimum, a goal I've been working toward for months.

Back