three days at the beach with the Olympus E-1

Nice series! Great colours (processing?).
Nr. 1 and 9 stand out for me.
Thanks! Most of these have very little processing (if any at all).
#1 is straight out of camera. #9 did get a slight exposure and vibrance adjustment.
Some of them have a very slight denoise (with Topaz Denoise) - which is part of my standard m43 workflow. Some have been (partially) sharpened with Nik Sharpener Pro. (again, part of my standard workflow)

Two or three "required" a bit more fudging to my eye, but all in all these photos took very little post-processing work. It was an exercise in restraint in a lot of cases :)
Olympus E-1

Stunning. A great showcase for one of my all-time favourite cameras. In good light, it can help a great photographer make magic as seen here.

Thank you! :) A certain amount of light is definitely needed. Tried a low-light indoors shot at ISO 800 the other day and was surprised by the amount of hot pixels there were. (Possibly more a result of the actual age of the sensor in my camera than of the technology). Still a very enjoyable camera to use and you can immediately see why so many people have so many good words about it!

UGH overtime someone posts about their E-1 i have to relive my 4 year frustration over choosing the stupid nikon d70 instead of the e1 because EVERYONE online told me its specs were so much better
i hated that dumb d70!
*throws it out mental memory window and folds arms severely, pouting*
now, as per my usual in this situation, i shall go to keh.com and see how much one costs to sit and look pretty and alter my past by pretending i had it all along.......
*steeples*
muahahahahahaha memory alteration!

Tilman,

After seeing the photos from your Eastern Oregon hike along with these, I'm convinced you could make us all jealous of your skill using just about any device that captures an image. I especially appreciate the second image.

Tilman,

After seeing the photos from your Eastern Oregon hike along with these, I'm convinced you could make us all jealous of your skill using just about any device that captures an image. I especially appreciate the second image.

Thank you Tillman! Much appreciated :)

The flipside of that is that I probably had (have) more devices than I would need. Time to make a contribution to the new gasoholics thread :-D

-

Lovely work! Just goes to show the latest and greatest is not /Needed/ in many ways. Especially with your Eye!
I need to get my eVolt e410 out again!

Back