Three Photos

Rick Waldroup

Veteran
For those interested, the camera was a Lumix GF-1. The lenses were a Panaleica 25 1.4 for the Big Eye and a Panasonic 14-45 zoom for the other two.

All three photos were shot yesterday in downtown Dallas, Texas.

Elvis at The Oasis

p664484689-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Big Eye - Main Street

p856800320-5.jpg

Riding the Blue Line

p620433157-5.jpg

ok WHERE is this eye?! ive been to dallas 234524 times in the last 2 years and ive yet to just stumble upon it! gah!
cool shots :D

Eliot, I just discovered it myself yesterday, For various reasons, even though I live in the area, I have not been to downtown Dallas for about six months. I found this on Main Street, close to Akard Street. I have no idea what it is or what it is for. It is big, about 2-3 stories high and is behind an iron fence on a grassy vacant lot about the size of half a football field. It looks to be some sort of art instillation but I could find no sign of any kind designating what this thing is for. The eye is very realistic looking and I can't tell what it is made of. But, it certainly is cool looking especially if you are just walking down the street and glance over and there the damn thing is, looking at you. :)

Thanks for the link, Eliot. The article says that it was installed in Dallas in August 2013, so it really has been a while since I have been down there, because I always walk from one end of Main Street to the other for street shooting and yesterday was the first time I had ever seen it.

Back