Fuji Thumb-upping

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Morning all.

A quick question if I may... Can anyone who has both cameras - or who has made the switch - please let me know if the Match Technical Thumbs-Up EP-9S currently residing upon my X-E1 is readily transferable to an X-Pro1, or do I need to budget for an EP-7S...?

Thank you kindly.

When I had a a Thumbs-Up on my X-E1, it did not fit right on the X-Pro1. It physically fit, but the thumb position was a little off. The actual version for the X-Pro1 was much better. However I discontinued using it, because the flash hot shoe became loose. I would love one of those stick on ones like Leica... then no issue with the hot shoe... YMMV
M8/M9 Thumbie | La Vida Leica!

i could be wrong, but i think the one for the M9 may work on the XP1. the one i have has the cold shoe on it, and i've seen the same model used for both.

i'm trying to find it to verify the model number.

in the meantime, here's an excerpt from an old email from Tim Isaac (who develops these) which might help:

"The Thumbs Up EP-9S is the only model I produce for the X-E1."

and you have the 7s on your XE1?

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

here's the one i have that i've seen other people use on their XP1.

vyja3y3u.jpg

having used both brands, i highly recommend the LM (lensmate) over the TU. the LM is extremely light, has rubber in all the right places, doesn't use a screw insert which stresses the hot shoe mount, and surprisingly, is designed in such a way that it can never put any stress on the mount and stays better put even without that screw. oh, and it's cheaper.

gu6a6aqe.jpg

edit: just to add, i've had the Kiwi brand as well, but only for the X20. it's fantastic especially for being dirt cheap off eBay. they might have one for the XP1. i think they make them with the cold shoe as well.

having used both brands, i highly recommend the LM (lensmate) over the TU. the LM is extremely light, has rubber in all the right places, doesn't use a screw insert which stresses the hot shoe mount, and surprisingly, is designed in such a way that it can never put any stress on the mount and stays better put even without that screw. oh, and it's cheaper.

Confused by this... There's no screw insert on my current TU...?

ahh.. i may have had an older variation that uses it. not sure. i haven't looked back after using LM.

edit: i just took a look - you're right there is none as well. the version i currently still have is exactly like this...

yvazeryb.jpg

which sucks.

Back