Apple Ticked at Apple

For potential purchasers of the iPhone 6 or 6+ in the U.S.: It is my understanding that the T-Mobile version of the iPhone is unlocked and can be purchased in full at an Apple store without requiring any two-year contract. You'd only have to swap out the SIM card. The new iPhone can be used on T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon networks and any other carrier that uses their networks:

Apple iPhone 6 (T-Mobile) Review

I tried really hard to like Android. I have owned more Android phones than iPhones, so you could say I have had enough experience of it. Its a dogs breakfast. There are no consistencies between manufacturers of phones, and the only way to get a decent experience is to root it and install something that has not got all the manufacturer or Telco's additional cruft. (It was Cyanogenmod for me, but I haven't done it now for ages and am not interested). I don't need to jailbreak my iPhone. Everything I need is already there or already accessible. Yes, there is "stuff" that Apple is installing because they think we all need it ( could not give a rats a$$ about stocks, and I don't bother with newsstand, podcasts, video and I use other apps for weather and calendar...) so I stick the useless ones (to me... I know many like the apps I do not) in a folder and move it to the last screen.

It's been easy to transition from iOS to Motorola Droids for me. I've read that the Motorolas have very clean installs of Android, esp now that Google owns Motorola. Very little crapware or stuff to get in the way. The only 'purer' version is Nexus. I've heard that Samsungs are particularly bad in that regard.

I contemplated switching back to iOS but I'd miss the Android widgets for sure.

It's been easy to transition from iOS to Motorola Droids for me. I've read that the Motorolas have very clean installs of Android, esp now that Google owns Motorola. Very little crapware or stuff to get in the way. The only 'purer' version is Nexus. I've heard that Samsungs are particularly bad in that regard.

I contemplated switching back to iOS but I'd miss the Android widgets for sure.

Yes, must confess I have not had a Motorola or Nexus, so no experience in that direction. But see, thats a problem too. so *many* manufacturers, you have to draw a line somewhere. I guess I like knowing there are not a hundred different distros of iOS, (just as I tend to prefer OSX for the same reason even though I keep looking at Linux because I detest Yosemite and I have finally reached a hatred of itunes I never expected)

Yes, must confess I have not had a Motorola or Nexus, so no experience in that direction. But see, thats a problem too. so *many* manufacturers, you have to draw a line somewhere. I guess I like knowing there are not a hundred different distros of iOS, (just as I tend to prefer OSX for the same reason even though I keep looking at Linux because I detest Yosemite and I have finally reached a hatred of itunes I never expected)
I have a Nexus and I got the rest of my family on them too. They used to be half the price of a comparable iDevice but then they proved their worth and became popular. Now they've surpassed much of the iDevices coolness and charge accordingly. They are extremely stable. This is the equivalent to "reference hardware" if you're a stereophile. This is how Google intended for Android to be implemented. Trust me you can't go wrong on Nexus. When my mobile provider started letting music streaming be free (and not charge against my data plan) I moved my entire song collection to Google Play on the Cloud. Man it is so easy to build a playlist in that app. And with Google's superior search engine built in, I can find any song by any attribute - that's pretty useful when they let you upload 20,000 songs for free. :)

Back