Time to vote in the WCC 3-8 June.

I think "get out there" is definitely a good thing ... I suspect that a few of us are submitting previously taken images rather than responding to the challenge by actually going out and looking for images (I am utterly adn completely an offender myself in this respect) ... so I've decided either to submit an image taken in the week of the challengem or else I shan't submit anything at all.

I don't "get out there" for this kind of thing, here or elsewhere. I find when I go out to shoot with too specific an idea of what I'm looking for, I never find it. When I just go out to shoot in an area or at an event or something and just let if flow, I come back with all sorts of stuff I'd have missed if I was looking specifically for images involving shadows. And, ironically, I'd probably miss some of the best shadow images too, because I'm far more likely to stumble onto them when I'm not seeking them. So I always look through what I have for little contest and challenges like this. Unless its specifically stated that you have to shoot it within a given time period and then I generally just don't enter unless I get lucky and shoot something during that time window that actually applies to the topic.

-Ray

I know what you mean Ray ... on the other hand, the thing is for me is that if we call it a "Weekly Challenge" but submit images from our back catalogue, it seeems hard to differentiate it from any other "Show" in the Image Forums ...

The danger is that if you stipulate the photo has to be taken during the specific week of the challenge then less people will enter. I personally don't mind when people take their photos but I would love to see more people take part in this challenge. Now, who to vote for this week?

IMHO - the main objective is to encourage as many people to enter as possible

for me, it does not matter when the image was taken - by entering such a "weekly" competition it will encourage all to get out and shoot more - even if it is to build up a "bank" of images that they can "reflect" upon at a later date.

Going out with "an intent" is sometimes difficult and can "spoil" the pleasure of what can be just a day of photography, or just carrying your camera with you when you go "out and about"

I also feel that (maybe), and this is just a (maybe), we should consider allowing each "voter" to be able to have up to two, (or maybe up to three), votes, as it is sometimes really difficult to choose between the posted entries.

I didn't do the WC due to being very busy.
I did cast my vote for......Enter name here later...
I felt the image best related to the concept for the week.

I think that the interpretation of "the concept" is very important - but it can have completely different meanings to all who enter - and what we see in an image is (maybe) different to what (others) and the author see

titles can sometimes help but (can) take away free interpretation by the viewer - so, IMHO, such, (titles), can be positive or negative.

I do however feel that these WCs are important and maybe advice on how they should be developed, (or just stay as they are), could be useful

We went thru a similar exercise over at M43 - but the momentum was sometimes lost - this is something that (we) need to be aware of here as that would be bad - so I would encourage all to enter, (and vote), and not be too concerned about the final outcome for their posting - the more who enter the better it is for all

hmmm well, my original point still stands, but do bear in mind that it is partially driven by sour grapes, inasmuch as I think a lot of people have a larger, better back-catalogue than me to draw upon, plus nobody ever votes for me ...

:rofl: You are too much!

I like to just go out doing my thing and then see what the results are. This week's entry for me was really much more about G.A.S....but when I saw it come up in LR, I thought the shadow play was quite nice, too.;) I think for the Portraits one that I did draw from my past library.

Back