Time

Hamilton 2023.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Messing around with a WOW shot today while awaiting delivery peeps. Dust, hair, and dry skin intact (single-digit humidity here).
original.jpg

Still with the "temp" NATO style fabric strap. One thing I have noticed with use, my arthritis-driven finger strength and dexterity issue makes winding this watch problematic. I need a more classic flared crown, or one that is generally larger and extends out from the watch. Or go back to quartz or an automatic. :unsure:

Messing around with a WOW shot today while awaiting delivery peeps. Dust, hair, and dry skin intact (single-digit humidity here).
View attachment 397022

Still with the "temp" NATO style fabric strap. One thing I have noticed with use, my arthritis-driven finger strength and dexterity issue makes winding this watch problematic. I need a more classic flared crown, or one that is generally larger and extends out from the watch. Or go back to quartz or an automatic. :unsure:
Timex makes some awesome looking watches these days. If you want a good quartz version of that style, the Todd Snyder military collab they did is really cool, I had it for a while.

Timex makes some awesome looking watches these days. If you want a good quartz version of that style, the Todd Snyder military collab they did is really cool, I had it for a while.

Timex is sold out of those. And at 40mm it's getting into the range of "large" on my wrist. 38mm is about right, 36mm is OK.

I've also got a Timex solar, and the Vaer solar D4, so I've got a couple I can wear until I decide what I want to do.

Might just get a Vaer C3 Traditions when they come back in stock, especially if they have a solar version. The Timex solar just barely meets their stated power reserve, the Vaer is better in that regard but a bit larger than I like these days. Funny, because I wore a Seiko diver for +/- 12 years and it never bothered me back then.

I've been eyeing that Hamilton Khaki Mechanical Field in Bronze. Not sure if I should just drop the money on a Hamilton, the crown extends away from the case a bit more which would help with winding. And keep a solar as a backup.

Playing with the monochrome this evening...
original.jpg

More, hopefully better images as I mess with photographing the R1 later and over the next few nights. Have to wait until the sun goes down to help with light control. A couple quick monochromes.
original.jpg

original.jpg

I was going with one of the darker dials, most likely the black and white, but at the last minute decided to try the oddball. I'm glad I did, liking the looks of this. The Horween strap upgrade was worth it IMHO. The standard rubber strap seems like a good one as well, I'll likely try it for a while on the D4.

original.jpg

Boxed double dome sapphire crystal, haven't previously had a watch with one of these.
original.jpg

My first automatic watch in a lonnnnnnnggggg time, an Orient Bambino. This one is Version 2, 2nd generation. It's also, if I understand correctly, made in Japan by Orient (which has been a subsidiary of Seiko for some time), with a proprietary movement also made in-house by Orient.

EM5_Aug13_23_Orient_Bambino_watch.jpg

I really like the design of the watch face. Irrational as it may seem, something about using Roman numerals for the numbers... makes me feel like instead of a watch, I'm wearing a small piece of history.

Back