Timeless swamps ...

If I were forced to chose one, I'd chose your first because I like the depth the water brings to the image, as well as the image itself and your post processing. The dark mirror like reflection of that water plays off beautifully against the rough and tumble grass and the near and far tree lines. Quite beautiful in a very simple and understated way.

I hope your cave isn't too cold and wet because that won't be good for you for very long.:wink_old:

P.S. By the way, welcome to FujiXspot - you might want to stop by the Welcomes and Intros forum to say howdy and tell us a little about yourself. No need to tell us where your cave is, though you certainly may.:biggrin_old:

Thanks a lot BB, much appreciated !
The cave is located in East Frisia where I'm currently visiting my grandmother (90) on a stopover to my new home on the Canary Islands. No need to take the camera out on the street here ... there ain't any, lol.

these are really lovely, tones are beautiful! You have a great eye for comp' too.
Thank you, Peter. Out there you have all the time in the world to frame your stuff. What surprises me again and again is my 'old' X10, as long as there's enough light. I still can't imagine to lug the XP1 around all day, yikes.

I like the first one. The water and the fences give added interest.
In fact at first I thought it was from the edge of our village here in the UK.
I suppose NW Europe Coastal areas all look the same at this time of year.

Thanks, Ambler. Yeah, sort of I guess. Nasty weather, flat light, insanely high ISO at daytime and LOADS of strong tea to wash it all down and keep yourself warm and going.

Back