Timepieces

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
I think I may have seen a watch post somewhere else on this forum (or SC?). At any rate, please share your photos of timepieces, preferably from your journeys and walkabouts. This is one from NYC last summer, across from the Flatiron Building. X-Pro1, 35mm and Silver Efex Pro 2.

attachment.php

Sorry for missing your post, otherwise I would have added the watch photos here.
Unfortunately I'm not able to delete that one.

They say CK quite boldly, but these are most certainly fake Calvin Kleins going cheap at the flea market

View attachment 406721
CK don't make watches - they source cases from China or Timex (the more expensive ones) and either put Chinese movements or Miyota for their more expensive ones. I was a bit disappointed when I realised this for my Adidas watch especially having paid 120€ for it 🙄
You can imagine the profit margins for these companies...

Unfortunately, we now see a multiplication of similar threads, by now, all a mixture between clocks and watches. That's not a good state of affairs at all, especially since it means that disentangling the whole affair will need quite a bit of time and attention. For the time being, I'll mark all those threads and merge them; it'll be probably a good idea to separate watches/timepieces and other clocks (the latter can be thrown together with threads that are concerned with the time shown).

There's half a dozen threads (at the very least) covering overlapping subjects ... I'll try to get to the bottom of this soon.

M.

Back