Samsung TL500 evf

As far as I know there is no EVF available for the TL500/EX1, certainly not from Samsung.

Coming from a traditional DSLR with OVF I have found that using a relatively short neck strap and holding the camera so that the strap is tight adds additional support when using cameras without viewfinders.

There is an accessory OVF from Samsung the OVF1, but it seems near impossible to find. I found it on Amazon UK sold by an outfit in Bremen, German for 160 quid - around $250.

See if E-VF is important this is where you really need to look at the LX-5 or that new Olympus. You can use OVF, but really for nothing more than snaps as you don't have any info on shooting data. If it's causing you trouble I'd honestly call it a day as it sounds like an LX-5 would suit you much more :)

Thank you olli and ricardovaste for your input.

I have an Olympus E-PL1 and the EVF but I was looking for something more suitable for slipping into a pocket for evening knockabout and low (not too low) light snapshots.

I'll keep working on it.

Thanks again to all for the info.

I used a 25mm Voigtlander viewfinder, Prefer the shape to the round viewfinders. works great! looks good, good fit on the hot shoe, not too loose like some.
Not sur if I know how to post a picture on here yet.
I am now selling both my EX1's so it's up for sale on the Uk eBay at the moment.

Since I started this thread lo those many moons ago, I have done some shooting with the TL500 using the very flexible view screen. I have CRS and can't remember the proper term for viewscreen so forgive me please.

I have concluded that I don't need an EVF with the TL500. And my hands are large enough to provide shade when required.

And I did think about the Olympus XZ-1 for the very reason you mentioned but the price was and still is way too high.

Thanks for your responses and suggestions.

Back