To all of our friends in the Philippines who've been hit by the typhoon

xdayv

Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Just got back from Tacloban the other day...

12/5/13 update:

A lot of things improved since the last time, better overall security, major streets are cleared up from debris, new light posts installed (but no electricity yet), water supply is available but still limited in scope, some stores open for business, some gasoline stations open, availability of fresh fish and meat at the market, etc, etc.

Tacloban is mosquito infested, still have that garbage stink in most places, and still a lot of places needed for cleanup, some dead bodies still not recovered buried deep down in some debris.

A lot of rebuilding been done - rebuilding lives, trying to get back on track.

BBW

Legend
Real Name
BB
Thank you so much for your on the ground reporting, Dave. I know I'm not alone in appreciating this. In today's 24 hour nonstop news and "pretend news" it is way too easy to become distracted. We must not forget our friends in the Philippines.

TheRubySusan

Top Veteran
Real Name
Ruby
Just got back from Tacloban the other day...

12/5/13 update:

A lot of things improved since the last time, better overall security, major streets are cleared up from debris, new light posts installed (but no electricity yet), water supply is available but still limited in scope, some stores open for business, some gasoline stations open, availability of fresh fish and meat at the market, etc, etc.

Tacloban is mosquito infested, still have that garbage stink in most places, and still a lot of places needed for cleanup, some dead bodies still not recovered buried deep down in some debris.

A lot of rebuilding been done - rebuilding lives, trying to get back on track.

thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear there's been improvement, saddened to hear there's so much left to do.

xdayv

Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Sharing 2 sets... first photo was taken during on November 8, then 2nd photo is 2 months after:

1st set
--
November 8, 2013:

January 9, 2014:

--------

2nd set
--
November 8, 2013:

January 9, 2014:

xdayv

Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
sharing some more photos...

Manlurip, San Jose:

Robinson's Mall:

Tacloban Astrodome:

Sto. Niño Church:

Pre-departure area of Tacloban DZR Airport:

5 boats, mostly cargo ships, was moved by Yolanda from the pier to the roadside, ran through hundreds of shanties along the way:

At the time of this writing, the 5 ships are still there:

Translation: "Lord please forgive."

BBW

Legend
Real Name
BB
Dave and these are such moving photographs. I know I thanked you over on Xspot, however I'm thanking you again here because for many of us we too easily forget what is not across the front page news.

Latest threads

Top Bottom