Daily Challenge Today 1033

FFDE7308-B60B-470C-B84D-FC340F591946.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

X1000286.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The table I played on every school break 40 years ago is still standing; the space around it has learned some new tricks (like recycling) in the meantime.

Back story: I took some of my students to a competition today (they did well, too :)); incidently, the event was held at my former high school - I even found my very first classroom again. Definitely a good way to visit the old grounds again ...

M.

View attachment 361148

The table I played on every school break 40 years ago is still standing; the space around it has learned some new tricks (like recycling) in the meantime.

Back story: I took some of my students to a competition today (they did well, too :)); incidently, the event was held at my former high school - I even found my very first classroom again. Definitely a good way to visit the old grounds again ...

M.
It's a strange feeling when you walk past and into your old school. Whenever I go for a visit to my brother I'm staying in a hotel in the small town where I went to high school for nine years till I passed my Abitur (finals). Sometimes I just have a walk to (and if the building's open into) my former high school. I'm met with somewhat mixed emotions, nice and not so nice memories. And I can see that except for some annex buildings not much has changed. The most curious thing: inside the building there's still that very special odour (or should I call it stench) hanging around as in long past times, a funny mix of cleaning agents, detergents, sweat and smelly feet.

Back