Daily Challenge Today 1067

Just a question about the Today challenge ..... I'm assuming it's to post an image taken on that day? Are there any other criteria to be met? Thanks.

I'm missing the SiF .....
No other criteria as far as I am aware Rose. Any camera, any lens, any subject, just taken on that day is all. Have to say though, not everyone sticks to the 'taken on the day' rule, which is pointless to me!

No other criteria as far as I am aware Rose. Any camera, any lens, any subject, just taken on that day is all. Have to say though, not everyone sticks to the 'taken on the day' rule, which is pointless to me!

Thanks for the information. Not much point if we don't stick to "taken on the day". I would not post if it wasn't taken on the day.......

Is cross posting allowed?

It's just that I have posted the images I took today, except for a Nik black and white conversion, so will start with that!

I don't know when Moonmind gets a spare moment, as he seems so busy.

P3030419_Nik_DxO.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@Charzes44 , @Rose McGill
The intention behind this special thread is to post one photo a day that was taken on that day. Apart from very few exceptions for which usually the reasons are given (illness, business trip, etc.) those who are in it stick to this rule. You're free to use whatever camera with whatever lens you want. And of course there's the one or other "last minute shot just not to miss the day".

Most of what came in over these now almost three years can be characterized as follows: Highly interesting, versatile, varied, humorous, with a completely different motif area or perspective or image composition ... in short: a daily stimulus and indirect invitation to leave old paths and visual habits, to get involved in something new.
Many a laugh in the morning or during the day when looking at the posts, sometimes a feeling of *wow, I ought to try that as well*, and - not to forget - besides the eye-openers among the pics the ear-openers of Matt's musical greetings.

Thanks a lot Matt for your stamina in keeping this thread going besides all the rest that keeps you busy and thanks to all who kept this little group going and supplied us with their so very special posts.

Thanks a lot for all the support and kudos. Yes, it's been a bit busy lately, and not for the most pleasant of reasons, but not to worry, I always find time for the Today challenge - eventually.

No further clarifications needed, just something I'd like to point out: Even though you can drop in and out at leisure, this challenge has always *also* been about stamina - keeping a series going. For most of the regulars, this has become sort of second nature and an einriching aspect of our daily routine - but still, it can be tough to keep going at times. But if you can't: No worries, you'll never find the door shut should you want to return later.

I think at this point, I could almost walk away from this challenge - it more or less runs itself. But for me, setting up the next thread is always the last thing I do before finishing my moderator round in the evenings. It's a great way to end a day (or start an evening - but that's quite rare these days). Thank you for everything, folks.

M.

Sorry Steve, I don't quite understand that!
Not Steve, but if I should interpret the gist of it, it means that if you have for some reason or the other not been able to post, but been able to make photographs, you can post a string of those later.

IOW if you have pictures from day 1000-1007, but by some happenstance havent been able to post before day 1008, you can fill up the missing dates when you get back to posting.

@Rose McGill, About cross-posting, I have not been doing very much of it, but I dont mind it, and don't abstain from it if I feel the need to do it.

@Charzes44 , @Rose McGill
The intention behind this special thread is to post one photo a day that was taken on that day. Apart from very few exceptions for which usually the reasons are given (illness, business trip, etc.) those who are in it stick to this rule. You're free to use whatever camera with whatever lens you want. And of course there's the one or other "last minute shot just not to miss the day".

Most of what came in over these now almost three years can be characterized as follows: Highly interesting, versatile, varied, humorous, with a completely different motif area or perspective or image composition ... in short: a daily stimulus and indirect invitation to leave old paths and visual habits, to get involved in something new.
Many a laugh in the morning or during the day when looking at the posts, sometimes a feeling of *wow, I ought to try that as well*, and - not to forget - besides the eye-openers among the pics the ear-openers of Matt's musical greetings.

Thanks a lot Matt for your stamina in keeping this thread going besides all the rest that keeps you busy and thanks to all who kept this little group going and supplied us with their so very special posts.
addendum:
What I learned from the posts of these three years (among others):
- that even a tiny spot in focus within a photo can create wonderful pics and that you do get everything in a pic from the darkest dark to the brightest light (Matt),
- that even a supermarket offers loads of interesting creatures, not to forget the various puppets around a desk which come alive in intriguing ways - even going outside at times (Miguel),
- that just glasses can keep you occupied behind the lens for years and supply you with wonderful reflections and colours if you're working at the right place (Steve),
- that even every-day objects and views can become very special if they are reduced to the really interesting part and given a perfect abstract composition (Don).
I'll stop here. Although I picked out just a few, the others are included as well. It was much fun seeing what you brought up each day.

Glad to see the past few Q&A type posts about this. I've been tempted to jump in on Today, having enjoyed the Single-in events and photographing every day anyway. I've thought the Today threads would be a good way to keep on just making some fun or interesting-but-different images to my usual stuff each day, or even just to encourage me to wear a camera to places I might otherwise not. I just haven't been sure I'd be able to post every single day, so I've not jumped in. Sounds like missing the occasional day, though, then making it up, is forgiven - so that's encouraging.

My SiF finished weakly, due to bad weather and an injury, but both have recovered so this may be a good time to start. Or perhaps it makes more sense to start on the 1st of a month(?)...hmm.

Glad to see the past few Q&A type posts about this. I've been tempted to jump in on Today, having enjoyed the Single-in events and photographing every day anyway. I've thought the Today threads would be a good way to keep on just making some fun or interesting-but-different images to my usual stuff each day, or even just to encourage me to wear a camera to places I might otherwise not. I just haven't been sure I'd be able to post every single day, so I've not jumped in. Sounds like missing the occasional day, though, then making it up, is forgiven - so that's encouraging.

My SiF finished weakly, due to bad weather and an injury, but both have recovered so this may be a good time to start. Or perhaps it makes more sense to start on the 1st of a month(?)...hmm.
If the stretch thing matters, a date to remember is a good place to start - or a day on our list, like 1070 or even 1096 or 1097, the last and first days, respectively, of our third and fourth years. That said, if you're just in it for the fun of it (honestly, most of us are, all told), any day will do.

If by "making up" you mean posting at a later date what you have shot on a given day, that's fine. Just remember that the daily threads aren't sticky - you need to remember what to post where ...

M.

Back