Daily Challenge Today 1070

Minolta 50mm f/2 at f/4

P3060452 Trees and fence.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DC-6-Mar-23.jpg

I've been suffering the dreaded winter lurgy over the past week and a bit. Not fun, please don't get it. Today I didn't wake up until well into the afternoon, which wasn't really a surprise as I'd spent the whole night before trying to cough up my internal organs! Anyway, today's image could soon be my self portrait (minus the now eaten orange bow tie) if I don't get out and get some exercise . I'm beginning to forget what fresh air feels like! And there's only so much I can do with a ball of string! I badly named this series of photographs, there's really not that much interesting stuff in that drawer!

View attachment 370932
I've been suffering the dreaded winter lurgy over the past week and a bit. Not fun, please don't get it. Today I didn't wake up until well into the afternoon, which wasn't really a surprise as I'd spent the whole night before trying to cough up my internal organs! Anyway, today's image could soon be my self portrait (minus the now eaten orange bow tie) if I don't get out and get some exercise . I'm beginning to forget what fresh air feels like! And there's only so much I can do with a ball of string! I badly named this series of photographs, there's really not that much interesting stuff in that drawer!
I love the creativity of your photos Karen, they are very entertaining! Get well soon.

View attachment 370932
I have observed that the picture-a-day threads lend themselves to occasional “projects” on the part of participants. Last summer I took many shots of the small butterflies that enjoy our zinnia beds. I could work on techniques and think about composition, but the threads provided a way to structure my efforts and provide a consist set of viewers.

I am also enjoying your current eclectic series. :geek:

View attachment 370932

Please take care of yourself, Karen. In every way possible.
And actually, looking at a number of your recent rather wonderfully eclectic photographs - some of which seem to be bordering on a new hybrid art form I think, part photograph, part sculpture, and another equal part of a special vision - I continue to be surprised by the many permutations and variations a simple ball of string can have.
And... I rather like the name you've given the series. It seems almost commonplace but it suggests some (as yet) invisible surprises.
And feel better.

Sorry, situation rectified; if you want me to move your post, just say the word.

M.

Thanks - if you could move my post I'd be grateful. An ongoing daily challenge is going to be major for me with winter approaching, so any images that count will be important! Changed it myself, as it was just a matter of adding the file.

We haven't really had summer, with all the rain etc, although autumn, so far, has been better. Winter, unless, the weather improves majorly, will be a huge challenge for me ...

P3070507 Grass reflections in silty water.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks - if you could move my post I'd be grateful. An ongoing daily challenge is going to be major for me with winter approaching, so any images that count will be important! Changed it myself, as it was just a matter of adding the file.

We haven't really had summer, with all the rain etc, although autumn, so far, has been better. Winter, unless, the weather improves majorly, will be a huge challenge for me ...

View attachment 371021
If you want, I can unclutter the threads - it's mainly the images that have multiplied, whereas I'd like to keep the discussion intact ...

M.

View attachment 370932
Again one of those photos where I wished I had two emojis to place. A real winner.
And I completely agree with Miguel. It's just stunning what you make out of everyday objects. A hybrid art form, yes definitely. But I'd like to add another point to what Miguel said. For me it's also the combination of creativity, high-key rendition and just perfect arrangement of your minimalism.
Being a lover of ties (although I almost never wear any) and enjoying the special feel of jelly babies slowly dissolving in my mouth I had a good laugh at your special brand of tie.

Wishing you to get out of your winter lurgy soon. Coming from the sunny south of Germany the winter spent in Edinburgh was really a quite different experience: dark from 4 p. m. to 9 a. m., so I can feel with you. But the contrast in summer was amazing. Going up Arthur's Seat after closing time of the pubs (10 p. m. at that time) and watching sunset around 11 p. m. was just stunning.

Back