Daily Challenge Today 1128

P1011599.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What does this sign mean?
Isn't this an American sign for "crossing" or "people crossing"? I may be wrong about this, but it looks somewhat like our sign to that effect, but form and colour are different.

The problem is that their front garden gate leads directly onto the road ... Slow driving zone (30km/h), fortunately, but still really dangerous.

M.

Isn't this an American sign for "crossing" or "people crossing"? I may be wrong about this, but it looks somewhat like our sign to that effect, but form and colour are different.

The problem is that their front garden gate leads directly onto the road ... Slow driving zone (30km/h), fortunately, but still really dangerous.

M.
I think it's "people crossing", but as I saw only the entrance to private property and no zebra crossing I was a bit lost. Maybe they want drivers just to be a bit more alert. But private persons are not allowed to put up any kind of traffic signs.

I think it's "people crossing", but as I saw only the entrance to private property and no zebra crossing I was a bit lost. Maybe they want drivers just to be a bit more alert. But private persons are not allowed to put up any kind of traffic signs.
That's why I was a bit "thrown" by the sight. What you can do (at least in Switzerland) is get a court to rule in your favour so that local magistrates have to put up a sign. But this one was just too "real" to be considered playful.

M.

M.
In America that means "Lawyer crossing" so you're probably about to get sued.

Back