Daily Challenge Today 1130

P1012994.jpg

basic image
the project needs an upswing now - I think about how I can surprise myself

As the new day of May 5th came into being here in Oregon, I was sitting at the keyboard to my Mac, doing what I often do - writing, writing, and writing - when an idea popped into my head: what do my fingers and hands look like while I'm typing and writing?

This photograph is an attempt to find out. It's a 2.5 second time exposure...and though I'm a fast typist, that's barely enough time for my fingers to type out the following sentence: "I am typing"...

GX9_May4_23_Blur#4(f10.ISO200).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Reluctantly I am dropping out of this challenge. I have a few big decisions to make about my life: work, trying to relocate, do I renew Practising Cert, do I fully retire ....... been looking at houses at area of choice to live, but that is three to four hours away depending on weather and the never ending road works. So - is a major expedition for me every time I see something on-line that I like.
I have seen something that I just really want - but there's going to need to be a huge amount of synchronicity for it to actually happen!

Reluctantly I am dropping out of this challenge. I have a few big decisions to make about my life: work, trying to relocate, do I renew Practising Cert, do I fully retire ....... been looking at houses at area of choice to live, but that is three to four hours away depending on weather and the never ending road works. So - is a major expedition for me every time I see something on-line that I like.
I have seen something that I just really want - but there's going to need to be a huge amount of synchronicity for it to actually happen!
I understand - all the best with your endeavours! I hope we'll see you back at some point in time ...

M.

Big changes are always a bit of an upheaval. Wishing you all the best - above all the huge amount of synchronicity for finding the right place (physically and emotionally), Rose. Hoping to see you back with posts soon.

Best of luck with this. I am approaching some similar decisions myself. Have enjoyed your part of the daily images and hope you find time to return at some point!

It was windy today. I bet my leaves were moving faster than that snail.
View attachment 385739
You know Steve, I was thinking along the lines of writing a post 'I suffer from wind', because every time I compose a shot of a leaf, or flower, or tree branch, a gust of wind comes along! I have to say that your excellent shot (above) looks fairly still, and my snail was like an express train in comparison!

You know Steve, I was thinking along the lines of writing a post 'I suffer from wind', because every time I compose a shot of a leaf, or flower, or tree branch, a gust of wind comes along! I have to say that your excellent shot (above) looks fairly still, and my snail was like an express train in comparison!
Today I decided to reach into my bag of old mu43 cameras. I came up with the EP5 with the LUMIX 20. It’s been a while and I was amazed at how much better the AF is on the X-S10. It’s easy to forget how AF has improved on the last 5 years.

As the new day of May 5th came into being here in Oregon, I was sitting at the keyboard to my Mac, doing what I often do - writing, writing, and writing - when an idea popped into my head: what do my fingers and hands look like while I'm typing and writing?

This photograph is an attempt to find out. It's a 2.5 second time exposure...and though I'm a fast typist, that's barely enough time for my fingers to type out the following sentence: "I am typing"...

View attachment 385639
Nice image, Miguel. You may want to get your watch looked at, though. In addition to the fact the date is incorrect, I don't see any blur to indicate movement of the sweep hand.

- K

Nice image, Miguel. You may want to get your watch looked at, though. In addition to the fact the date is incorrect, I don't see any blur to indicate movement of the sweep hand.

- K

Thanks, Keith.
And btw you're quite observant: the watch isn't running and hasn't for some time. It belonged to my father, but I keep it on my desk for sentimental value (and also because I like the way it looks).

Back