P1274871.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'll have to process and post later - I'm bone-weary, still on the train and may have to travel again tomorrow. Emergency.

Please, start new threads if necessary. I'll try to pick things up again ASAP. And I'll try to keep shooting - it's not as if I didn't have any downtime...

M.

Hope you are okay, Matt, and that you (and those you care about) are able to navigate the emergency and survive unscathed.
Seriously.
Photography is rather wonderful.
And so is music.
But taking care of oneself is essential.

Hope you are okay, Matt, and that you (and those you care about) are able to navigate the emergency and survive unscathed.
Seriously.
Photography is rather wonderful.
And so is music.
But taking care of oneself is essential.
It's not over. But I'm staying at home today. So ... time for catching up.

It's simple, really. My father's dying. From old age and multiple illnesses. In a different city in a different country. Both my brother and I live in Switzerland. My parents live in Germany. We were there over the last couple of days, visiting them, visiting him, relay style. Keeping my mother company. When I was on my way home yesterday after two knackering days, my mother contacted me. My father has contracted severe pneumonia on top of everything else. It's unfeasible for him to get over this. But - we're not quite there yet. And both my brother and I have lives to lead and jobs to attent to. As long as things stay as they are, we stay put. Sometimes, the way the world is laid out is not helpful at all.

Still, here's "today's" (yesterday's, by now) image:

L2625717.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Just Spring" - a lonely book on an almost deserted street, not yet rained on ...

M.

It's simple, really. My father's dying. From old age and multiple illnesses. In a different city in a different country. Both my brother and I live in Switzerland. My parents live in Germany. We were there over the last couple of days, visiting them, visiting him, relay style. Keeping my mother company. When I was on my way home yesterday after two knackering days, my mother contacted me. My father has contracted severe pneumonia on top of everything else. It's unfeasible for him to get over this. But - we're not quite there yet. And both my brother and I have lives to lead and jobs to attent to. As long as things stay as they are, we stay put. Sometimes, the way the world is laid out is not helpful at all.

View attachment 389004

"Just Spring" - a lonely book on an almost deserted street, not yet rained on ...

M.
Sorry to hear that, Matt.

This comes to us all, at our time.

Our thoughts are with you, your brother and your mother.

View attachment 389004

M.
Sorry to hear this. Went through this with each of my parents. A very trying time. My thoughts are with you too!

Back