Daily Challenge Today 1149

One of my prized possessions: a truly ancient Edgar Allan Poe book of short stories, which sits on my bookshelf.
Since it's Poe, it felt more appropriate to take this photo after midnight (when, reputedly, the raven comes tapping at the door).

XT5_May24_23_Edgar_A_Poe's_works(bookcase).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fuji note: this was an SOOC jpeg, taken with Luis Costa's 'Big Negative' recipe.

Last edited:
One of my prized possessions: a truly ancient Edgar Allan Poe book of short stories, which sits on my bookshelf.
Since it's Poe, it felt more appropriate to take this photo after midnight (when, reputedly, the raven comes tapping at the door).

View attachment 389653

Fuji note: this was an SOOC jpeg, taken with Luis Costa's 'Big Negative' recipe.
Miguel, I really like this photo. The monster mask eye and the generic volumes next to the quality bound Poe book works very well. Plus, I happen to be a big Poe fan... Cool image!

Last edited:

View attachment 389653

I love Poe's short stories. Having them in such a nicely bound and richly ornamented volume adds to the enjoyment. Our ancestors knew how to give good literature the right frame. Reading "The Raven" and listening to Alan Parson's "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" while sipping a nice Burgundy is a special delight.

Miguel, I really like this photo. The monster mask eye and the generic volumes next to the quality bound Poe book works very well. Plus, I happen to be a big Poe fan... Cool image!

Thank you, Don!
(Also, a confession: I have too many books on my shelves, and don't read/reread them enough - so in a way, taking a photo of one of my favorite books is a roundabout way, when I look at the picture, to remind myself that I should open it up again and read it once more!)

Back