Daily Challenge Today 1396

P1259230.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
ZFC_2087.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We could call this a failed experiement: I tried the old, E mount 7Artisans 35mm f/1.2 (first version, Sonnar-like) for Sony E mount, adapted to Nikon Z. And believe it or not, this was the sharpest I could get the brand name with this framing. In contrast to its successor (which uses a completely different optical formula), this lens is definitely a speciality item.

Worse still, in the afternoon, the rain hit, so, no going outside to get a better shot, so I have to go with what I have.

The lens is already back in the storage bag it usually lives in. Whatever I do, I'll not use it for a challenge ("Single in April 2024").

M.

Possibly used before, but it hit the spot in a way to risk this ...

Et ceterum censeo: No pasarán.

M.

I don't honestly recall you having ever posted this particular song before, Matt. But even if you had, it's still worth listening to. I believe Colter Wall commented, in an interview, that the lyrics (and story behind them) were inspired by legends about the blues singer Robert Johnson who, according to some tales, had indeed sold his soul to the Devil (at a crossroads, where else?!) in return for mastery over the guitar.

Back