Daily Challenge Today 1432

L1009299.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ZF0_0699.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

7Artisans 35mm f/1.4 at f/1.4.

The lens can show pretty strong LoCA, but though it's there in this shot, it's not too distracting. For the price, a really enjoyable and, above all, pleasingly compact lens. It's no match for my Voigtländer Nokton 40mm f/1.2, of course, but at least as much fun to shoot. After some research, I'm also pretty sure it shares optics with a lens that's been well-received: the Artralab 35mm f/1.4; that one has a much more fancy body (it's available in two vintage Nikon lookalike versions), but images look very, very similar. The Artralab is more than twice the price ... At any rate, I consider the 7Artisans a bargain (it certainly was for me, I paid half its very low price).

I also had the TTArtisan 50mm f/1.4 with me - in spite of its specs, the lens looks and feels pretty compact on the Z f (it's longer and heavier than the Nokton, though) and has pretty good optics - clearly better than its smaller and even cheaper relative (both 7Artisans and TTArtisan are DJ-Optical brands and made in the same factories/workshops).

M.

Back