Daily Challenge Today 1555

IMG_4306.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 479966

Referring to this post: If this thing had blinked, well ... ;)

M.

I really like this photograph, Matt.
And... okay, I'll admit it - one of the (many) reasons I like it... is its mystery (to me, at least): since... I'm not sure what exactly it is that I'm looking at.
If you don't mind sullying the mystery with a bit of prosaic explanation, would you consider telling me a bit more about it (your subject, I mean)?

A tiny ladybug crawling around atop a very small Queen Anne's Lace flower.

EM5_July3_24_ladybug_on_flower.jpg

What intrigued me even more, on cleaning this (lightly cropped) photo up a bit... was being able to see the even t-i-n-i-e-r insect (on the lower left portion of the frame) also navigating its way through this giant white flower world.

I really like this photograph, Matt.
And... okay, I'll admit it - one of the (many) reasons I like it... is its mystery (to me, at least): since... I'm not sure what exactly it is that I'm looking at.
If you don't mind sullying the mystery with a bit of prosaic explanation, would you consider telling me a bit more about it (your subject, I mean)?
This thing is a private (i.e. miniature) version of an official road sign: "Parking forbidden" (in Europe at least). Someone put it up over their parking space. So far, so good - but then, someone (else?) painted an eye around the single screw that holds the very battered sign ... The whole thing has a strong pareidolic vibe because the sign's crossing line is vertical instead of diagonal, so the two (originally blue) areas look like a kind of insect eyes as it is. But the single eye looking down on you - that's uncanny.

M.

This thing is a private (i.e. miniature) version of an official road sign: "Parking forbidden" (in Europe at least). Someone put it up over their parking space. So far, so good - but then, someone (else?) painted an eye around the single screw that holds the very battered sign ... The whole thing has a strong pareidolic vibe because the sign's crossing line is vertical instead of diagonal, so the two (originally blue) areas look like a kind of insect eyes as it is. But the single eye looking down on you - that's uncanny.

M.

I agree with you about the single eye looking down on the viewer... definitely a latter-day Cyclops vibe, with possible some dark Cyber-punk overtones.
Thanx for the explanation, Matt.
And... dude... it's still a great image (your photo, I mean)!

Well, I had a different image this afternoon. But the Sandisk SD card I was using broke as I was inserting it into my card reader a little while ago. Tried finagling (sp?) it different ways but couldn’t get the reader to read it. Also didn’t want to put it back in the camera, so it went straight to the bin. Luckily, only a handful of images from an afternoon walk to the grocer were on it…no real loss.

So instead, here’s my post-breakage safety shot. My very first digital camera, the Coolpix 775. Two entire megapixels, baby!

IMG_0687.jpeg

Well, I had a different image this afternoon. But the Sandisk SD card I was using broke as I was inserting it into my card reader a little while ago. Tried finagling (sp?) it different ways but couldn’t get the reader to read it. Also didn’t want to put it back in the camera, so it went straight to the bin. Luckily, only a handful of images from an afternoon walk to the grocer were on it…no real loss.

So instead, here’s my post-breakage safety shot. My very first digital camera, the Coolpix 775. Two entire megapixels, baby!

View attachment 480010
I had one of these back in the day! Had almost forgotten about it. My godson "inherited" it ...

M.

I had one of these back in the day! Had almost forgotten about it. My godson "inherited" it ...

M.
I had planned to give this to one of my daughters at one point. It has a battery in it, but the charger is nowhere to be found. Probably recycled years ago, I guess. So it’s on exhibit only, along with some other photographic relics in my office.

Back