Daily Challenge Today 1562

hat071024.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 481333

I promise I'll knock off this "selfie" thing ...

M.

I don't mind the 'selfie thing' at all, Matt. Especially not when you have such inventive (to me, at least) ways of incorporating your reflection... into a visually interesting subject.

And, continuing with your visual theme of interesting old automobiles, here is part of an ancient Volvo (a P44 I think it was) abandoned in a weedy, overgrown lot outside of town. Something about the lines of - and the design elements in - some old cars... is refreshing, after all the overly-similar-cookie-cutter-designs of (so many) modern vehicles.

XE2_July10_24_old_Volvo#4(silver.efex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't mind the 'selfie thing' at all, Matt. Especially not when you have such inventive (to me, at least) ways of incorporating your reflection... into a visually interesting subject.

And, continuing with your visual theme of interesting old automobiles, here is part of an ancient Volvo (a P44 I think it was) abandoned in a weedy, overgrown lot outside of town. Something about the lines of - and the design elements in - some old cars... is refreshing, after all the overly-similar-cookie-cutter-designs of (so many) modern vehicles.

View attachment 481372
Thanks a bunch, Miguel. The car was actually owned - which is why I had to be quick and move on.

I constantly am amazed at all the cars and other abandoned things that seem to be commonplace in the U.S. Here, someone's almost certain to come "clean things up" (and take them away).

M.

I love this shot, Steve.
And, just a general observation-- you've truly been getting a number of fine images from your X-T50. Are you enjoying using it - as much as the rest of us are enjoying seeing your shots taken with it?
It took me a few days to get the settings straight, and to not keep changing them by accident. But it is a very nice small camera with all the trimmings, and the shutter has a pleasing feel to it. Nothing practical about that, but it makes the experience just a bit nicer. I wish I could get the second version of the 27 with the aperture ring, but they have been out at both B&H and Adorama for months.

Back