Daily Challenge Today 382

P1037995.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

At home between heaven and earth ...

IMG_2501.jpg

Take A

EDIT: While I liked the moody version I first produced, it kept nagging at my mind that there had been subtle foreground colours in the scene. So, here's an alternative edit (different software, too) that has different merits, but in some ways does the scene more justice. It's less stark, but more life-like - and it makes more out of the information in the original file.

IMG_2501.jpg

Take B

M.

Last edited:
At home between heaven and earth ...

View attachment 255436
Take A

EDIT: While I liked the moody version I first produced, it kept nagging at my mind that there had been subtle foreground colours in the scene. So, here's an alternative edit (different software, too) that has different merits, but in some ways does the scene more justice. It's less stark, but more life-like - and it makes more out of the information in the original file.

View attachment 255442
Take B

M.
I like the second one better, The soft greens and the slightly brighter tones improve the foreground.

The local bike path - which runs alongside a creek and through a forest - changed radically after the devastating wildfire which burned most of it months ago. Now, though, it is starting to green again and there are signs of new life. Much of the old thickly forested area around the path burned, and many of the larger burned trees had to be cut down, due to the danger of imminent collapse - so the bicycle path is now dotted, here and there, with calcified tree stumps. Some local citizens have turned many of them into impromptu altars, putting small piles of stones atop them. Here is one I saw this morning---

RX10_Apr17_21_stones_on_tree_stump#1.jpg

Back