Daily Challenge Today 372

A wall on the concrete lower half of the the campus heating/cooling building. I did kick up the clarity to show the details.
wall.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
This ancient dinosaur of a truck is parked alongside a rural highway, which was on my way back from an errand I had to run.
Though it has obviously been non-operational for a lifetime or two, it's still quite an imposing presence, in its own way.

G1x_Apr7_21_Ford_pickup.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It also happens to be a Ford. One of my nutty gearhead friends clued me in years ago that 'Ford' stands for: Fix Or Repair Daily.

This ancient dinosaur of a truck is parked alongside a rural highway, which was on my way back from an errand I had to run.
Though it has obviously been non-operational for a lifetime or two, it's still quite an imposing presence, in its own way.

View attachment 254476

It also happens to be a Ford. One of my nutty gearhead friends clued me in years ago that 'Ford' stands for: Fix Or Repair Daily.
I've also heard Found On Roadside Dead. Apropos in this particular case.

I've also heard Found On Roadside Dead. Apropos in this particular case.

An embarrassing confession: my main Gearhead Guru liked the pictures...but also informed me that this vehicle is NOT a Ford: it's a GMC pickup (or, as he put it succinctly, a Chevy with a different grille).

I wonder what cool, twisted expressins G.M.C. might be an abbreviation for?

An embarrassing confession: my main Gearhead Guru liked the pictures...but also informed me that this vehicle is NOT a Ford: it's a GMC pickup (or, as he put it succinctly, a Chevy with a different grille).

I wonder what cool, twisted expressins G.M.C. might be an abbreviation for?
General Motors Comp. , which would mean a Chevy. And the only funny Chevy name I know is Chevy Chase.

Back