Daily Challenge Today 378

PB222470.jpg

I've gone fishing a half dozen times in my life, almost always in the company of friends who were experienced fisher-persons, or at least vastly more experienced than me... but I've never 'caught' a single fish. Being a more-or-less omnivore most of the time, I eat fish in various forms, and can't say that I don't enjoy it. But, sometimes, in the market, looking at the fish - who in their own weird way I imagine are looking back at me - gives me pause.

Q7_fish_head_in_market(silver.efex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can't imagine what it would be like, going to the supermarket, and seeing a whole pig, or cow, wrapped in plastic, staring back at me. Obviously it's not likely to happen, in this lifetime. Hmmm...maybe I just have an overactive imagination... maybe I should become a writer, and put this into a story? (Oh...wait! I already am a writer. Damn.)

Interesting shot, Matt.
My first instinct was to say to myself, 'nice shot', and move on... but then I started lookng at it in more detail. And seeing and appreciating the insane variety of tones - light and dark - and the palette of colours - that all are part of this image. The more you look, the more it grows on you.
Nice work.

Interesting shot, Matt.
My first instinct was to say to myself, 'nice shot', and move on... but then I started lookng at it in more detail. And seeing and appreciating the insane variety of tones - light and dark - and the palette of colours - that all are part of this image. The more you look, the more it grows on you.
Nice work.
Thank you, Miguel, very much appreciated - and you are indeed spot on: The colours were what made me take the shot this way. I had already used the little pond for a couple of shots, mostly reflections - but this was the one that I instantly knew would stand out (and thus was the last one I took at that spot).

M.

Back