Daily Challenge Today 393

P1038209.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today is Spring-cleaning-day in my writing office...going through piles of papers and separating the books I want to read from the ones I'm pretty sure I won't have time to in the next century, and so on and so forth. Not a lot of time for photographic pursuits...

But. Yesterday, a good friend gave me his older and quite pristine Pentax Q (1st generation) camera, and for the time being, it is sitting next to my Q7. On the same bookshelf which houses my ancient edition of the Bard's collected works. Somehow, the juxtaposition between tiny cameras and large books... made me pick up another camera.

And... voilà ---

RX10_Apr28_21_Pentax_Q's+Shakespeare.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today is Spring-cleaning-day in my writing office...going through piles of papers and separating the books I want to read from the ones I'm pretty sure I won't have time to in the next century, and so on and so forth. Not a lot of time for photographic pursuits...

But. Yesterday, a good friend gave me his older and quite pristine Pentax Q (1st generation) camera, and for the time being, it is sitting next to my Q7. On the same bookshelf which houses my ancient edition of the Bard's collected works. Somehow, the juxtaposition between tiny cameras and large books... made me pick up another camera.

And... voilà ---

View attachment 256831
I'm jealous. Part of me wishes I'd never sold my original Q.

I'm jealous. Part of me wishes I'd never sold my original Q.

The original Q's often pop up for sale now and again, and sometimes for extremely reasonable prices. I remember seeing one for sale not too long ago on the PentaxForums website. And, comparing it to my slightly newer Q7, which is a very nice camera, the original Q really shines: it's better built, less 'plastic-y', and a little bit more jewel-like. Beautifully built, in a nutshell.

Back