Daily Challenge Today 399

P1038240.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z60_2091.jpg

After a very busy day, kind of a safety shot, but quite a pleasing one - it's opportunities like this I carry a camera (or three) for at all times ...

N.B. I had the Z 6 with me to document things today - and wasn't able to take even a single shot throughout the day. Too much else to do and think about. So it goes.

M.

A slow day, sitting at my Mac computer, writing and rewriting. The kind of day when it's impossible to pick up a camera and wander around. The kind of day when the only decent photographic subjects at hand ... seem to be whatever is on my nearby bookshelves. In this case, it was an old tiny sculpture, that I kept from a previous lifetime. One that gives new meaning to the term 'egghead'---

X30_May4_21_Egghead.jpg

Wow, the LX100 lens and sensor both handled the light really well here. Lovely image!
Thanks Andrew, I appreciate your words. What I like about this small camera is that everything is accessible from the "outside". No need to click through menus endlessly. So I can quickly change metering from all-over to center-preference or center-spot. With exposure metering on the important spot (blossom), keeping the shutter release pressed half down and then making your final composition you can control the lights and the shadows pretty well. This camera surprises me quite a lot. When I don't want to carry the Olympus with the primes this is a good alternative. Leica lenses are worth their price.

Finally got the D700 charger, so here are more flowers-in-the-yard shots, but now with awesome FF DoF.
View attachment 257323
Thanks Andrew, I appreciate your words. What I like about this small camera is that everything is accessible from the "outside". No need to click through menus endlessly. So I can quickly change metering from all-over to center-preference or center-spot. With exposure metering on the important spot (blossom), keeping the shutter release pressed half down and then making your final composition you can control the lights and the shadows pretty well. This camera surprises me quite a lot. When I don't want to carry the Olympus with the primes this is a good alternative. Leica lenses are worth their price.
Has that full frame 3D pop redolent of Leica. Excellent.

Back