Daily Challenge Today 400

Name
Matt
20x20

So I looked for "20 by 20 song" and found ...

A Story (yes, one with a capital "S").

And for all of those who don't know me enough, no, I'm not being cynical here. This is one of millions of similar stories, just one we get to know! And they should all be acknowledged.

It's easy to look down on people who do things in a way we won't allow ourselves to take. It's often worthwhile to take a step back - for a closer look ;)

M.

P5016575.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It seems that lately - over the last year or two - one sees many more items of furniture, on the street or out in front of houses, with hand-lettered signs saying "FREE". But you also see people dumping or abandoning unwanted possessions - or furniture - literally anywhere and everywhere. A sign of the times, perhaps; I don't really know.

This abandoned desk was sitting, upended, in a large field off a small road, in the rural outskirts of the city of Ashland.

Q_May5_21_abandoned_desk.jpg

I don't know how old this desk is or was, but I couldn't help thinking of the words of the Beatles' song--

Will you still need me
Will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?

DSCF0054-2.jpg

R0009726.jpg

I struggled to choose one photograph today so you've got two. They show the different weather conditions in the Ochil Hills as we climbed Ben Buck. The snow was unexpected but fun. I struggle not to land on my butt at least once every climb in these hills on a dry day but despite many near misses I got up and down the hill without a fall today!

Back