Daily Challenge Today 410

P5136875.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

He's definitely right about this ...

M.
Having a plan B is always a good help. Since I've had to follow too many plans in my professional lifetime I call it differently now: being fully aware of your surroundings and completely open to everything that shows up. And most important: no (hasty) judgments. Just *seeing*. Often the unexpected and unspectacular turns out the most rewarding.

Cool photo, Don. It sort of reminds me of a moment in an obscure French independent sci-fi movie I saw a few decades ago. But, the curiosity is killing me: what exactly is the subject of this photograph, please?
Thank you Miguel. It is one of several display cubbies in a wall at Blending Coffee Club. My first visit to this coffee roaster and shop. Most likely the cubbies were used for different blends. But it seemed that times had been hard, probably due to the pandemic, and most of the cubbies were empty some with their lights off. I got the impression that business was under new management. Best coffee I have had in a long while. So I am sure to be back. I took a few photos there as the building was an interesting adaptive reuse of what might have been an old small bank. The ambiance was one that could very well have been a set for a sci-fi film.
But, now I am curious? What obscure French sci-fi movie are you referring too? I happen to be a sci-fi fan that likes to find obscure movies.

Thank you Miguel. It is one of several display cubbies in a wall at Blending Coffee Club. My first visit to this coffee roaster and shop. Most likely the cubbies were used for different blends. But it seemed that times had been hard, probably due to the pandemic, and most of the cubbies were empty some with their lights off. I got the impression that business was under new management. Best coffee I have had in a long while. So I am sure to be back. I took a few photos there as the building was an interesting adaptive reuse of what might have been an old small bank. The ambiance was one that could very well have been a set for a sci-fi film.
But, now I am curious? What obscure French sci-fi movie are you referring too? I happen to be a sci-fi fan that likes to find obscure movies.

Even though your photo was in color (and a seriously cool 'palette' of colors, too, by the way), the movie which it reminded me of was actually an anomaly, all done in black & white, an early part-film noir, part-mystery, part sci-fi blend, by Jean-Luc Godard: 'Alphaville'.

If you haven't seen it, it's worth tracking down and finding. Warning: it's a rather complex, and slow-moving film, and some people have complained it's more mystifying than satisfying. And to be honest, I haven't seen it for some years. But in terms of simple visual style points, it was and still is a brilliant exercise in visual storytelling.

Even though your photo was in color (and a seriously cool 'palette' of colors, too, by the way), the movie which it reminded me of was actually an anomaly, all done in black & white, an early part-film noir, part-mystery, part sci-fi blend, by Jean-Luc Godard: 'Alphaville'.

If you haven't seen it, it's worth tracking down and finding. Warning: it's a rather complex, and slow-moving film, and some people have complained it's more mystifying than satisfying. And to be honest, I haven't seen it for some years. But in terms of simple visual style points, it was and still is a brilliant exercise in visual storytelling.
I have heard of that film, but never had the opportunity to watch. It is now on my list to track down. thanks!

Back