Daily Challenge Today 445

P6117180.2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This morning, I attended the Memorial for a good friend who recently died unexpectedly, and who had been fond of old-fashioned cartoons and TV series. Another friend brought a ceramic 'couple' - Olive Oyl and Popeye.
This was the first picture I took--

G1x_Jun19_Popeye&OliveOyl.jpg

And this was the last--

G1x_Jun19_OliveOyl&Popeye.jpg

They just don't make 'em like that, anymore.

Last edited:
View attachment 261569
The Pit Head Bath House at Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum

For me, this image has an almost timeless - or 'out of time' - quality. I can almost imagine this photo being used by a 22nd century paleo-geographer, to show future generations what things looked like a century before - but at the same time, it also has the feeling of an old vintage photograph, something discovered in the study of one's great-great-aunt-or-uncle from the end of the XIXth century.

It's also a fine photograph to just look at.

This morning, I attended the Memorial for a good friend who recently died unexpectedly, and who had been fond of old-fashioned cartoons and TV series. Another friend brought a ceramic 'couple' - Olive Oyl and Popeye.
This was the first picture I took--

View attachment 261567

And this was the last--

View attachment 261568

They just don't make 'em like that, anymore.
I know someone who loves old cartoons like those. Sometimes he finds the most obscure and weird stuff. His latest one is Dogtanian. It is the adventures of dogs as the three musketeers. I so sorry for your loss Miguel.

Last edited:
Back