Daily Challenge Today 466

P7027451.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

When my aunt Helen, who had been both a historian and an author of children's books, died, I inherited her ancient typewriter. It is a wonderful, solidly-built mechanical behemoth and I often think of her, perched in front of its keys. She was a small slip of a being but somehow having an imposing and efficient metal dinosaur as her primary writing tool, always made sense to me. Looking at it, as I often do, I am reminded of the long hours of writing, rewriting, revising, editing, then rewriting again, which all writers, both my aunt before me and now I myself, seem to go through.

XPro3_July10_21_Super_Speed(Xpro_62).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
What a great photograph, Don. Period.
Beautifully processed or rendered, as well.
And, I'll admit, I'm curious: where did you take this? The sign says 'historic Richmond' - would that be Richmond, Texas? Which if I'm not way off-base is relatively close to Houston? Or...?
Thank you Miguel. This little town is SW of Houston and has historic significance from the days when Texas was briefly a independent state/nation.
I drove through there today and visited the old section of town which has a few interesting antique, second hand, and curio shops.
Didn't have time to go in any and this one seemed closed for an extended period.

Back