Challenge! Today 466

Real Name
Matt
Start Date
Jul 10, 2021
End Date
Jul 10, 2021
Came across them a while ago, but lost sight ... This time, I found them again when researching "Whiskey in the Jar" versions ...

Remember "Dropkick Murphys"? That's kind of the European version - they're actually from Germany, in spite of the names of the musicians involved.

If it's not already obvious: Slainté :)

M.

wee-pics

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
P7027451.1.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
When my aunt Helen, who had been both a historian and an author of children's books, died, I inherited her ancient typewriter. It is a wonderful, solidly-built mechanical behemoth and I often think of her, perched in front of its keys. She was a small slip of a being but somehow having an imposing and efficient metal dinosaur as her primary writing tool, always made sense to me. Looking at it, as I often do, I am reminded of the long hours of writing, rewriting, revising, editing, then rewriting again, which all writers, both my aunt before me and now I myself, seem to go through.

XPro3_July10_21_Super_Speed(Xpro_62).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

donlaw

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
What a great photograph, Don. Period.
Beautifully processed or rendered, as well.
And, I'll admit, I'm curious: where did you take this? The sign says 'historic Richmond' - would that be Richmond, Texas? Which if I'm not way off-base is relatively close to Houston? Or...?
Thank you Miguel. This little town is SW of Houston and has historic significance from the days when Texas was briefly a independent state/nation.
I drove through there today and visited the old section of town which has a few interesting antique, second hand, and curio shops.
Didn't have time to go in any and this one seemed closed for an extended period.

Top Bottom