Daily Challenge Today 472

P7147689.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Does anyone have an idea what kind of plant this furry species is. Google photo search gave me no answer.
I saw it in the front garden of an old house in my neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Continuing Steve's slice-of-life theme-of-the-day - or, more aptly, slice-of-non-life - I discovered the remains of this earwig while sitting at the edge of the garden, finishing my morning cup of insect-free coffee. I'm not a fan of the occasional nocturnal earwigs that sometimes invade a bathroom at midnight - but seeing this one, in the light of day, makes me marvel, again, at the insane diversity of life surrounding me that so often goes unseen.

X30_July16_21_dead_earwig.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hello, folks - FYI, while I can get online, I actually have no sensible way of getting the images out of the cameras because I forgot the suitable SD card reader (the little travel laptop only sports USB C, the SD card reader I have needs USB (A) - and I'm *not* going to buy another one for the umpteenth time), and because I thought I wouldn't need it, I left the Micro USB cable at home as well. Going through the smartphone's too tedious. I'll continue to shoot daily, but I'll post images on Sunday ... But I'll drop by occasionally.

M.

View attachment 264065
Does anyone have an idea what kind of plant this furry species is. Google photo search gave me no answer.
I saw it in the front garden of an old house in my neighbourhood.
Women are better in fauna than we men. When I showed it to my wife on today's walk she said that from the leaves and the plant structure it's a peony. Never knew they undergo such a metamorphosis (I'll check the blossom, though, next year ;)).

Back