Daily Challenge Today 499

My daughter is starting her first 'real' job after college. Business consulting (virtually for now).
She needed a casual head shot to share with her new colleagues.
F2F30EE5-E270-400F-AA03-FE334349C52F_1_201_a.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today’s shot is a follow up to yesterday’s, being more documentary than artistic. I noticed today that the cold burn I got yesterday is more visible. Of course, it is on the two inch strip of skin between my gloves and cuffs that becomes exposed and unprotected when I stretch out my arm. It becomes an instant target for the very, very cold transfer line.
9703F3B9-F4EE-4ACD-A1F8-3794E556C369.jpeg

Thinking about photography and its evolution this morning...my own photography, as well as the general art and practice of photography. I reread the section from David Macauley's extraordinary illustrated book, The Way Things Work, published back in 1988 which seems both modern (in a timeless sense) but also a million years old today.

X30_Aug15_21_'Photography'+PentaxQ.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking about photography and its evolution this morning...my own photography, as well as the general art and practice of photography. I reread the section from David Macauley's extraordinary illustrated book, The Way Things Work, published back in 1988 which seems both modern (in a timeless sense) but also a million years ago today.

View attachment 267846
Is that Q or Q7?

Is that Q or Q7?

This is the original magnesium-bodied Q. I realize it's a bit hard to tell from the admittedly contrasty treatment I used in processing this image. But being a dyed-in-the-wool Pentaxian from my earliest days, I actually have both this Q and its plastic-bodied sibling, the Q7 (with its larger, improved sensor) as well. Here they are, side-by-side, waiting for their next excursion--

Q+Q7.jpg

Back