Daily Challenge Today 515

A quite different sound, but one that accompanied my childhood in the same way as swinging brass.
P8218316.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Brass at its best, and wow ... it makes me feel good.:cloud-9-039:
Well, strictly speaking, it's woodwinds ;) Yes, saxophones are mainly made out of brass (or other metals), it's only the beak that's borrowed (or adapted, more precisely) from the clarinet, but that's the decisive thing when it comes to sound and instrument family. I'm happy to be a woodwind player ...

L2624219.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

A quite different sound, but one that accompanied my childhood in the same way as swinging brass.View attachment 268972
You betcha! I put some hours in on several different tractors before I drove a car. My favorite was a Ferguson (pretty sure that was the make) with tracks like a tank, and two (stiff, non-power-assisted) brake levers to stop the tracks, allowing you to do things like, you know, steer.

Come to think of it, I don't know for sure that that tractor ever ran: I may have only "driven" it as a very small youngster from a permanently parked position! Honestly can't tell. But I sure remember the '50s Ford which I had to stand up on the brake pedal of, there was always that moment of panic about whether the tractor would actually stop at the end of the row in the field.

Back