Daily Challenge Today 519

Name
Matt

A highly suitable starting point for the countdown to the "Single in October 2021" challenge ...

As before, I'll keep this challenge running alongside it; the announcement for SiO will be put up next week.

It's funny, really - after more than a year of daily shooting, I find figuring out a true "Single in" challenge quite hard for myself because I seem to have tried most things already ... Time for a tele assignment once more, and a daring one, I think - or I could go berserk and use a fish-eye ...

M.

P8218468.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A highly suitable starting point for the countdown to the "Single in October 2021" challenge ...

As before, I'll keep this challenge running alongside it; the announcement for SiO will be put up next week.

It's funny, really - after more than a year of daily shooting, I find figuring out a true "Single in" challenge quite hard for myself because I seem to have tried most things already ... Time for a tele assignment once more, and a daring one, I think - or I could go berserk and use a fish-eye ...

M.
I've really enjoyed listening to him. And I agree with all the points he makes. What I loved especially was the expression *visual signature of a lens*. His remarks let you see GAS-mania in a different light. Each of us has these superb old lenses of the pre-digital age and most of the time they sleep in some wardrobe or bookshelf. We ought to give them an outing more often.

Funny thing I've realized with myself: For the last three years I've been walking around with the lens mounted only, preferably the 1.8/75 or 2.8/60 macro. No other lens(es) in any bag. And when using the prime zoom I tend to stick mostly to one focal length in order to force myself to be aware of the very special perspective. This of course necessitates a lot more of walking around, stretching and bending yourself. But I've realized that I come out with better results than when I'm thoughtlessly zooming in and out (which luckily happens only rarely with snapshots). Sometimes it leads to rewarding conversations when complete strangers come up to me asking if I could tell them what exactly I just saw and photographed. I show them the pics on the LCD and soon we're talking about God and the world.

For me this daily thread has proved that taking photographs is not a hermit's hobby. I've come to know lots of interesting people from a big variety of backgrounds whom I would not have talked to if just walking around on a stroll.

coul·ro·pho·bi·a
/ˌkōlrəˈfōbēə,ˌkälrəˈfōbēə/
noun (rare): coulrophobia
An extreme or irrational fear of clowns. "It has emerged that the multimillionaire entrepreneur suffers from coulrophobia."

Xpro3_Sept1_21_coulrophobia.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot from the open pages of my Pop-Up Book of Phobias.

coul·ro·pho·bi·a
An extreme or irrational fear of clowns. "It has emerged that the multimillionaire entrepreneur suffers from coulrophobia."

View attachment 269331

Thanks Miguel. I wasn‘t really aware of this word. But I have this phobia every since my trip to the circus as a child. This was the famous Ringling Brother‘s Circus. There was a clown with a sad face that walked around in the audience. Probably he was trying to be funny, but he frightened me. Thanks for giving a word to name my phobia!

coul·ro·pho·bi·a

View attachment 269331

Really coul this pic.
As to phobias I'm a bit lost. There's nothing really I'm afraid of, except perhaps utter stupidity and that the sky may fall on my head (see Asterix).

Back