Daily Challenge Today 532

P9078593.1LP2.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hurricane Nicolas paid a visit last night. A Category 1 it came ashore 60miles south from our place. It was headed mostly east, so we experienced off and on tropical rain and some wind gust up to 60mph.
I didn’t see major issues in our area but some close by here lost power.
917C81A2-A3A0-4DE8-9766-08920598AC43.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Hurricane Nicolas paid a visit last night. A Category 1 it came ashore 60miles south from our place. It was headed mostly east, so we experienced off and on tropical rain and some wind gust up to 60mph.
I didn’t see major issues in our area but some close by lost power.
View attachment 270456

It's good to hear you escaped disaster, Don. My best wishes for you and yours - that you continue staying safe.
Your photo is very evocative and, for me, very powerful in black and white.

It's good to hear you escaped disaster, Don. My best wishes for you and yours - that you continue staying safe.
Your photo is very evocative and, for me, very powerful in black and white.
Thank you for the thoughts. We really were lucky. These storms are growing immense and more frequent.

I'm glad we don't have any hurricanes over here. The last heavy storm "Lothar" many years ago gave me an impression what powers can be behind such natural forces. I had to collect the three sun umbrellas from the balcony in the tree next to it. The balcony chair covers were spread in the neighbour's garden.
It's good to hear you weren't hit. But I agree with you: these disasters are getting more and more frequent.

Back